Go on, own up...

Mate I’ve paid my £36 and as a true Yorkshireman I getting every pennies worth. Never leave early. Why on earth would you? Especially when we are the team that look like scoring. 

Yes the officials were jokeworthy but I’d rather scream abuse at them than walk out.

Yes 0.03% of people may NEED to leave early. 

Heres what I do right : park a fair  bit further away and walk to the car to avoid majority of traffic. Watch the end of game antics and then applaud the team I love..... just so happens the end of the game was belting this time!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I missed the goal as we were stood up to let some bloke who was leaving squeeze past. Of course, as Harris set off down the left flank, he stood still and started paying attention to the game again, meaning that the right hand side of the Fulham goal was obscured from my view. I just about saw Nuhiu going in to attack the ball, but had no idea where it was going until everyone went mental.

So thanks to that bloke who was happy to sit through 93 minutes of football but clearly decided 94 minutes would be too much, then proceeded to stand in front of those of us who wanted to stay and watch the game to its conclusion.

Next time, I'm legging him up.

I also nearly missed it, was on my way out when Harris set off down the wing , just stood there and watched Nuhiu diving full length, great goal.:ph34r:

• Haha 5

Ends to the game like that are great. Stop to applaud our players, then seriously jeer the ref, then stop on the way down the gangway to give a few hand signals to the Fulham players, before crossing paths with a couple of their fans on Penistone Road to suggest karma is a *****

9 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Who missed the goal in order to avoid traffic? 

Guilty m’lud lol 

Nope, we never ever ever leave early.  My old dad used to make me leave early bless him he passed away last year, so nope stay to the bitter end even when we are losing.

I always leave early, cant remember the last time I saw the final whistle (incidently one of the only times I have was the comeback against Rotherham!). My dad isn't the most mobile so helps to leave early and in about 15 years I've only missed a handful of goals scored, definetly missed more goals against us! Bit of a blessing really

I never understand why people get so frustrated by this topic. My Mum and Dad missed the goal yesterday having left early. They did so as it’s the 1st game they have managed to attend because of my Dad being in a pot added to other mobility issues. Just to see the match and park close enough to the stadium so that he could make the walk, we had to set off at 11.30. If they had waited til the end then they can’t leave with the crowds because he is easily knocked over etc, so they choose to leave on the 85th minute as it saves them another hour from waiting then travelling home. That’s just one persons reason. Personally, I always choose a moment when the ball is out of play, between the 80th and 90th minute to leave my central seat and move close to the exit. It saves me about 30 minutes and I still stay til the end (people around me think I’m leaving) and I’ve never missed a goal doing it.  At away matches, I don’t adopt the same tactics. 

Guest The Horse

If you stay to clap the players off, see every one of them go back through the tunnel, go to the bog and then make your way out, by that time most of the crowd has dispersed.

About 10 minutes.

I park about another 10 minute walk away by which time most of the traffic is gone too.

No drama, no stress, no crowds and you get to flag off the away coaches about that time too which is satisfying on days like yesterday.

13 minutes ago, The Horse said:

If you stay to clap the players off, see every one of them go back through the tunnel, go to the bog and then make your way out, by that time most of the crowd has dispersed.

About 10 minutes.

I park about another 10 minute walk away by which time most of the traffic is gone too.

No drama, no stress, no crowds and you get to flag off the away coaches about that time too which is satisfying on days like yesterday.

Not if everyone adopted that tactic. That works because enough people have left before you, if they didn’t then you’d be right in the middle of the busiest time for leaving lol.

5 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

One of my biggest regrets (other than the hot chick in Thailand who turned out to have meat & 2 veg) is leaving and missing Crossley header, was literally on the ramp down from Kop never turned and ran so fast (other than said night in Bangkok) 

Is your regret because they had meat and 2 veg or :blink:

Edited by thesouthowl