Fulham Goal - not a GK error

6 hours ago, ka58 said:

What the bit where you blamed Harris.

and then regardless of the quality of the ball the fact that Westwood got both hands on it and pushed it toward the penalty spot when he could have pushed it safe?

So Harris didn’t lose the ball?

That’s not blaming, that’s just what happened.

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

No idea. 

But if it did, I would applaud the cross not blame the keeper.

Ok, the reason I asked is because I wanted to understand whether you thought the cross was so good even the best keeper in the world wouldn’t have dealt with it any better than Westwood did. Which, to be honest I think would be a bizarre thing to think. You’re massively exaggerating how good this ball in was. It’s in a good area I’ll give you that but there’s not that much pace on it. It definitely can be dealt with better and in my opinion most goalies in this league would have either parried it away from danger or caught it.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

So Harris didn’t lose the ball?

That’s not blaming, that’s just what happened.

It is if you’re using it in a post to try and excuse a mistake by someone else - otherwise why mention it?

if it had no bearing on the goal then it’s irrelevant isn’t it? If Westwood does his job they don’t score. 

The goal occurred through bad goalkeeping. 

Not gonna read the whole thread, just responding to the OP. 

I class that from Westwood as a clanger. Couldn't tell at the game really but watched on extended highlights and he should have done much better with it imo. He's allowed to make the odd mistake though. Still or number one by miles. Even the very best will make the odd error. 

57 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I class that from Westwood as a clanger. Couldn't tell at the game really but watched on extended highlights and he should have done much better with it imo. He's allowed to make the odd mistake though. Still or number one by miles. Even the very best will make the odd error. 

Spot on

He screwed one up doesn't make him a bad keeper just makes him human 

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Spot on

He screwed one up doesn't make him a bad keeper just makes him human 

Totally agree but think he might have caught it if Lee was at right-back.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TANGLED UP IN BLUE said:

Westwood will not be happy with how they scored but as above players make mistakes every now and then just some get more grief than others.

What I found more frustrating was the tempo he set in the 1st half when he had the ball or at goalkicks, like an away team time wasting from the off...funny that. 

He does that every single game. 

8 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

He does that every single game. 

Reyt winds me up.

Pretends to roll it/kick it short then scoops it up and has a moan because someone wasn't in the right position and waves his arms about, points a bit then strolls  out with the ball and acts all Jonny Wilkinson before booting it aimlessly towards Fletcher.

Annoyingfucker!

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

I think this is the third or fourth game that this has been said this season.

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Reyt winds me up.

Pretends to roll it/kick it short then scoops it up and has a moan because someone wasn't in the right position and waves his arms about, points a bit then strolls  out with the ball and acts all Jonny Wilkinson before booting it aimlessly towards Fletcher.

Annoyingfucker!

Agreed. He won't release the ball until everyone is in position but that means that the opposition are also in position.

9 hours ago, fred mciver said:

There was also hectares of space where right back should have been.

When are we going to play Lee there as he's by far best right back in club and limited in midfield?

He wasn’t anywhere near his best on Saturday, but Keiren Lee and ‘limited in midfield’ is about as far away from reality your ever gonna get 

2 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Not be going long then.

Well it is pretty long. Whats wrong can't think of anyone better after trolling a post from over 24hrs ago? Or are you going to take it back to 1942 when dinosaurs roamed the earth to find a keeper as good as him?