Fulham Goal - not a GK error

3 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

If Westwood is getting the blame, then shouldn't the midfielders and defenders share that blame for letting the cross come in, in the first place? Also for not clearing/stopping it before it got to Westwood? 

It does look like a flap by Westwood, but that ball shouldn't have go to him. 

Those balls do end up going in though, especially from a side with the quality Fulham have got 

GK is last line of defence and he should have done better, and am certain KW won’t need telling , he’s his own biggest critic 

10 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Westwood's played 7 matches this season, comical error vs Reading, questionable at best for the Millwall goal and was at clear fault today. 

What's probably even more worrying is how poor his kicking is at the moment, and it was never great to start with. 

Before Carlos got the boot he'd started that season poorly, last year he was great when he came back (Leeds game in particular he was a colossus) however this season he's been making too many errors. It's a weird situation as he is pretty much undroppable as we have two young understudies rather than a seasoned pro pushing him like when Kirkland was here. 

A difficult one, but he needs to improve.

His kicking has been poor, Dawson's kicking is very poor as well, both could improve vastly in this area.

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Will be a situation that requires a brave decision soon with Westwood,  lot of fans will have a meltdown about it but I think Dawson is pushing hard for that No 1 jersey 

and you have seen him play how many times this season ?

Westwood has a lot on his plate usually providing coaching instructions to two of our back line. A lot grumbling today but more about not releasing long on enough occasions; Playing out and finishing with hoof ball anyway. But that is not Westwood, that is Monk.

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Westwood has a lot on his plate usually providing coaching instructions to two of our back line. A lot grumbling today but more about not releasing long on enough occasions; Playing out and finishing with hoof ball anyway. But that is not Westwood, that is Monk.

Coming across as a bit of an apologist here chief, he's been poor and needs to improve, he'd probably tell you the same himself. 

Probably not one of the worst errors ever, just not the best decision making for someone so experienced. 

I don't think he's been up to his usual high standards at all this season. 

Let's just hope he gets these mistakes out of his system early with out costing us too much and is back bang on form in the business end of the season after Christmas and where still there or there abouts. 

41 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

thought the same myself bud,somebody said Westwood could av put his cap on it,av a look at the defending before you blame the keeper

Was me and I still believe he should have caught it. Was way too close to him to flap at. I think he was too put off by the players trying to get in close to the ball. Regardless of bad defending a keeper of Westwoods quality should be dealing with that. 

Didn’t help that odubajo was woeful in his positional sense today. Particularly 1st half. Kept giving their left sided attacker 20/25 yards of space on the cross field ball. They targeted Moses and it paid off for the goal. That said Westwood should have done better 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Don’t really know what ur on about Nev ? I’ve seen both KW and Dawson play this season , firmly believe Cameron Dawson will be No 1 here in not too distant future 

53 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

If Westwood is getting the blame, then shouldn't the midfielders and defenders share that blame for letting the cross come in, in the first place? Also for not clearing/stopping it before it got to Westwood? 

It does look like a flap by Westwood, but that ball shouldn't have go to him. 

In that case the keeper would never be at fault