Owls-Fulham Sky Highlights

Highlights flatter us a bit. At least two of those chances had been called offside well before the shot was taken.

Fulham didn't create much, but then they didn't have to as we gave them such a soft goal. Can't help but think a better manager than Parker would have carried on attacking and tried to get a second. Which is probably why they won't go up this season, and with the squad they have they should be a lot better really than that. 

7 hours ago, TheOnlyWayisS6 said:

Bannan missed a sitter which wasn’t shown 

If you are thinking of the one in the 2nd half, then I think he was disappointed not to hit the target but it was hardly a sitter!!!  Bannan was quiet for most of the game today, maybe they were effective at keeping him quiet, but when he isn’t running things in midfield we struggle more often than not!!  

1 hour ago, San Clemente Owl said:

If you are thinking of the one in the 2nd half, then I think he was disappointed not to hit the target but it was hardly a sitter!!!  Bannan was quiet for most of the game today, maybe they were effective at keeping him quiet, but when he isn’t running things in midfield we struggle more often than not!!  

Personally thought our midfield 3 all struggled today, especially Lee.

Re: Bannan's chance, I agree he should have worked the goalie, but certainly only a half chance. 

9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Highlights flatter us a bit. At least two of those chances had been called offside well before the shot was taken.

Fulham didn't create much, but then they didn't have to as we gave them such a soft goal. Can't help but think a better manager than Parker would have carried on attacking and tried to get a second. Which is probably why they won't go up this season, and with the squad they have they should be a lot better really than that. 

With the technical talent at their disposal I thought they were actually pretty toothless especially in the final third. 

We've come out of the ground watching our lads chase shadows for much of the game in the baking heat, but the highlights cut through their aimless possession and show that in the cold light of day we had by far the better chances in the match in both halves, albeit not clear cut.

I really feared that in the second half when we go two up top they would pick us off but in fact they played in the same style and didn't create a thing, until the last 10 when they turned into BIlly Davies FC.

If I was Monk I'd see this as a missed opportunity looking back, but a point gained given the circumstances.

32 minutes ago, TheOnlyWayisS6 said:

Yeah agreed it wasn’t a tap in but a Bannan from 2/3 years ago would have buried that easily. He’s lost something, which unfortunately appears to be some quality. 

What are you actually on about.

A half volley, outside the box which was dropping across his body and with a player in front of him.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

What are you actually on about.

A half volley, outside the box which was dropping across his body and with a player in front of him.

The FIFA Xbox generation

4 hours ago, TheOnlyWayisS6 said:

Yeah agreed it wasn’t a tap in but a Bannan from 2/3 years ago would have buried that easily. He’s lost something, which unfortunately appears to be some quality. 

Don't agree at all. Bannan's shooting has always been sporadic, he's no Lampard and never has been.

Edited by Owls2k

On 22/09/2019 at 11:56, Owls2k said:

Don't agree at all. Bannan's shooting has always been sporadic, he's no Lampard and never has been.

can't agree that his shooting is sporadic. It's TERRIBLE and always has been, even during warm up. watched him closely on sat, and for once ,noticed that most of the players were keeping their shots around a foot from the ground including bannan, and even commented on this to my mate. Unfortunately when the chance came, it sailed over the bar. 

Monk got his tactics bang on. We were compact and rarely troubled. The only time we were bent out of shape they scored.

They even started knocking it long as they had ran out of ideas.

Highlights didn't flatter us at all, all that possession for nothing. They tried to draw us out but we kept shape and then when we broke forward we looked more dangerous.

Morons behind me shouting 4-4-2, get an extra forward on at home.

No idea, sometimes you have to accept the opposition has more talent so you play accordingly.

Some may say they pay to be entertained but Monk is paid to get results. One piece of all round sloppy pay cost us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

can't agree that his shooting is sporadic. It's TERRIBLE and always has been, even during warm up. watched him closely on sat, and for once ,noticed that most of the players were keeping their shots around a foot from the ground including bannan, and even commented on this to my mate. Unfortunately when the chance came, it sailed over the bar. 

Na, definitely sporadic, he's scored some absolute belters and that free kick against Stoke was pure class.

However he doesn't score enough or work the goalie from in and around the box nearly enough.