Play someone next to fletcher ffs

Guest Bulgaria

I've got an idea lads...

"Even though it never pays off, let Kieran boot it forward in the vain hope Fletcher might win it and let's hope we get a lucky bounce and get a shot on goal"

Thank god we have those coaching badges!!!!

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

See the bed wetters are out in force today

Fulham have a £40m forward line and creative midfield, had we been more open it could have been 0-3 before halftime and then people would have complained we were too open.  Can’t win at this manager lark 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Fulham have a £40m forward line and creative midfield, had we been more open it could have been 0-3 before halftime and then people would have complained we were too open.  Can’t win at this manager lark 

That’s no excuse for going route one to fletchers head I’m afraid.

3 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

I'd have took bannan off at half time and put winnall on 

I know we're not supposed to criticise Lee but I thought the game passed him by. The midfield of BB and Lee is just not strong enough; we need more of a presence in that area.

20 minutes ago, TheOnlyWayisS6 said:

Fletcher is great for winning a header but he’s lost on his own up there. 

He needs a pacy striker alongside who can burst through a defence on goal- Fessi! 

Remind us how many times that has worked.

If Monk does put someone alongside Fletcher let us pray it’s a proper striker. Fessi plays about 40 yards away from him.

12 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I know we're not supposed to criticise Lee but I thought the game passed him by. The midfield of BB and Lee is just not strong enough; we need more of a presence in that area.

We can afford Lee a lot of latitude. He can’t possibly be upto full pelt after his horrendous last two seasons. 

However, we also need to bear in mind he’s now 31, had rotten injuries, and won’t be the 2015/16 model ever again. He is getting knocked off the ball easily. Perhaps his strength will edge back over time.

Still gets in good positions. I do think Luongo will push for his place, and if we go 442 Lee is currently the weaker of the 3 midfielders.

Edited by Holmowl

3 hours ago, TheOnlyWayisS6 said:

Fletcher is great for winning a header but he’s lost on his own up there. 

He needs a pacy striker alongside who can burst through a defence on goal- Fessi! 

Yeah, totally agree.

Fletcher needs a strike partner, to knock it down to.

I'd play Fletcher along side Winnall, until Forestieri's suspension is up.

Then go Fletcher with Forestieri.