Wednesday - V- Fulham OMDT

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Disagree it was lucky , we deserved a point , take our chances and that would easy have been a win 

Westwood’s at fault for Fulham’s goal aswell for me 

I'm fed up with the 'what ifs' because "take our chances" doesn't give you any points, because we're not taking them even though we're left rueing not taking our chances so often. And still don't seem to figure out how to actually score those crucial goals, or put the nail in the coffin when we have a 1-0 lead, etc.

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

United today, 27%, 2 shots, 1 on target and won 2-0 - the only stat that ever really matters!

As for possession, some teams are good at soaking up pressure then being clinical on the counter attack or the few chances they have. As I've replied above, when we DO get chances, we're not taking them, and if you're playing a game with less than a third of possession, you're not going to have many chances, and then you had better score them.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Well happy for Atdhe. He has to put up with some right crap from our supporters. Was an excellent diving header after brilliant play from Harris again. Happy with the point.

In the modern game sometimes you have to concede possession to reduce the space but it relies on you taking your chances when you get them.

The first part worked, an error put us on the back foot and we kept going to take a chance and get something from the game.

A good few on here were predicting a heavy defeat against a 40m forward line.

It did not happen.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Nothing wrong with that performance...Westwood barely involved all game.

Not sure we watched the same match. Fulham dominated possession and controlled the game, we gave the ball straight back to them every time we had it and we rarely created a chance because of it. 

There was nothing in it in regards to goal scoring opportunities, but we didn't know how to get into the game. A piece of class from Harris and a good finish saved it. 

5 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Not sure we watched the same match. Fulham dominated possession and controlled the game, we gave the ball straight back to them every time we had it and we rarely created a chance because of it. 

There was nothing in it in regards to goal scoring opportunities, but we didn't know how to get into the game. A piece of class from Harris and a good finish saved it. 

We had the best chance of the game with Reach's poor header...and I think Fletchers follow up...

Wednesday fans used to moan when we went side to side to Lees to Loovens to Palmer to Lees to Palmer to Loovens to Westwood...thats mainly what Fulham did....Sure its possession, but its mainly harmless

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We had the best chance of the game with Reach's poor header...and I think Fletchers follow up...

Wednesday fans used to moan when we went side to side to Lees to Loovens to Palmer to Lees to Palmer to Loovens to Westwood...thats mainly what Fulham did....Sure its possession, but its mainly harmless

We had a good first 20 minutes (where most of our chances were), then a brief spell at the start of the 2nd half, but overall really didn't look threatening. If we're going to have less possession we need to be more clinical with the chances we do make.

Very stressful leaving it until the 93rd to convert. Despite that I'm happy with the result and for Nuhiu. 

On another note: Fulham are proper sh*t houses

Edited by Sykes

4 minutes ago, Sykes said:

We had a good first 20 minutes (where most of our chances were), then a brief spell at the start of the 2nd half, but overall really didn't look threatening. If we're going to have less possession we need to be more clinical with the chances we do make.

Very stressful leaving it until the 93rd to convert. Despite that I'm happy with the result and for Nuhiu. 

On another note: Fulham are proper sh*t houses

So..we just forget that Fulham are probably   one of the best footballing sides in the division....and we should stick to our principles and have at least as much possession?

Sometimes its a battle...today we actually turned it into a battle and got a deserved point.

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

My pessimism misplaced. Good. 

Gulf in quality between individuals, but to be fair they had very few chances ie we defended decently one keeping lapse aside. Can't fault the commitment. 

Good summing-up.

How many of our Xl get into the Fulham side? 

Yet our collective and Monk’s plan worked.