Dangerous

2 hours ago, Ash77 said:

You laughed at that pre qpr 24/8/19 post after qpr implying he wont ever be a top cb at this level, and mentioned only borner vs mitrovic but not our other likely cb iorfa, so on balance of probabilities you dont or didn't appear to rate him, maybe you'll claim otherwise now however.

So despite laughing at my post, do you still think iorfa won't be a top cb at this level or do you now think he can be then?

I don’t recall but if I did then it’ll have been at your wild prediction based on never seeing him there.

i mean I didn’t think you could better it but you have with your PL prediction, all of 1 good game. 

It certainly doesn’t mean I’ve wrote him off, I think currently he’s better suited to RB but

that could change with time 

48 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I don’t recall but if I did then it’ll have been at your wild prediction based on never seeing him there.

i mean I didn’t think you could better it but you have with your PL prediction, all of 1 good game. 

It certainly doesn’t mean I’ve wrote him off, I think currently he’s better suited to RB but

that could change with time 

Not everyone has an eye for a player, even managers get it wrong so fans can't be expected to get it right, it's just about opinions.

My predictions might seem wild to you but iorfa has pace, height, strength and long legs to block crosses and shots.

In my experience of playing and watching football since age 5 for 36 years, these are all great attributes for a cb.

He needs to prove he can perform consistently but he has the attributes to excel with correct application and by staying fit, which is more likely at cb by the way as its less running than at rb.

Borner will likely compliment him and bring him on, he doesnt have the raw attributes of iorfa but may be better mentally at this stage e.g reading game, decisions and organising.

That comes with experience and opportunity so i hope iorfa gets a run at cb to prove he's best in his preffered position of cb.

When tammy abraham destroyed connor coady 1 on 1 for pace and scored vs wolves, i dont think iorfa would have been beaten that easily, if at all, or abraham might not even have bothered trying.

Micheal keane at everton and england for around £35m, average at best prem cb imo. Gifted kosovo a goal then got done with a simple ball over top vs bournemouth. Rather have big dom (former england u21) in my defence, unfashionable or not.

Another prediction, we may easily have an £8-10m+ cb on our hands and even if im wrong what a bargain he is for 500k.

Edited by Ash77

23 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

I think we need to stop worrying about how good the opposition may (or may not) be and go out and impose ourselves on them. 

Absolutely.

:wacko::ohmy::blink:

:biggrin:

47 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Not everyone has an eye for a player, even managers get it wrong so fans can't be expected to get it right, it's just about opinions.

My predictions might seem wild to you but iorfa has pace, height, strength and long legs to block crosses and shots.

In my experience of playing and watching football since age 5 for 36 years, these are all great attributes for a cb.

He needs to prove he can perform consistently but he has the attributes to excel with correct application and by staying fit, which is more likely at cb by the way as its less running than at rb.

Borner will likely compliment him and bring him on, he doesnt have the raw attributes of iorfa but may be better mentally at this stage e.g reading game, decisions and organising.

That comes with experience and opportunity so i hope iorfa gets a run at cb to prove he's best in his preffered position of cb.

When tammy abraham destroyed connor coady 1 on 1 for pace and scored vs wolves, i dont think iorfa would have been beaten that easily, if at all, or abraham might not even have bothered trying.

Micheal keane at everton and england for around £35m, average at best prem cb imo. Gifted kosovo a goal then got done with a simple ball over top vs bournemouth. Rather have big dom (former england u21) in my defence, unfashionable or not.

Another prediction, we may easily have an £8-10m+ cb on our hands and even if im wrong what a bargain he is for 500k.

Dors all that mean you now accept I haven’t wrote him off? :biggrin:

200k btw 

32 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Fulham are also purveyors of the "dark arts" .So expect some preston/QPR  style - going to ground under any slight contact, stopping free kicks, time wasting etc.

Prey for decent officials - for once!!!

No chance, you may aswell ask the players to make sure they've earned the foul. Don't give them away without putting in a "reducer", as Big Ron would say.

41 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Dors all that mean you now accept I haven’t wrote him off? :biggrin:

200k btw 

Fans can be fickle but would be irrational of anyone to write him off now so accept that, but having not answered my question, i assume you still don't think he'll be a top cb at this level, unless you unlaugh at my prediction he will be or state otherwise!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 20/09/2019 at 06:13, Ozymandias Owl said:

Knockeart and Mitrovic....

WTF:

We've seen them before in the Championship. They are dangerous players.

Liam Palmer will be up against Knockeart, and he's going to have to play a blinder to keep him quiet. The same goes for Iorfa and Borner keeping Mitrovic quiet. 

I'd be happy with a draw against Fulham. No begging for 4-2-4 formation this weekend, but...

Harris may terrorise them on the break. 

lol

UTO

Screenshot_20190919-220234_Chrome.jpg

I agree. Their top 3 is absolutely frightening!