Happy Birthday to Liam

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

He ought have had a few goals this season, made some great runs into box but finishing let him down on every occasion. 

It's coming though, isn't it?

He nearly scores three or four every season

I thought the dam would burst after his goal v Villarreal

But the wait continues ....

By the way, many happy returns Liam

7 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

10th Sept 2011 v MK (h)  3-1

Megson played him in midfield in those days

He came off the bench for JJ at half time and scored our 3rd goal in the last minute

Can't find a clip unfortunately

Remember that game fondly. Palmer had an assist also, I think?

Also sticks in the memory for Julian Bennett going through Stephen Gleeson by skidding off the top of the ball and nearly breaking Gleeson's legs. It was a pretty terrible and unfortunate tackle, but I remember Gleeson having a paddy and throwing his shinpads at the ground before storming off. It was like if Donald Duck played for MK Dons and lost his poo.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Owl Rly said:

Remember that game fondly. Palmer had an assist also, I think?

Also sticks in the memory for Julian Bennett going through Stephen Gleeson by skidding off the top of the ball and nearly breaking Gleeson's legs. It was a pretty terrible and unfortunate tackle, but I remember Gleeson having a paddy and throwing his shinpads at the ground before storming off. It was like if Donald Duck played for MK Dons and lost his poo.

I remember Gary Megson's postmatch interview - saying Liam needed to work on his goal celebration

Which, with hindsight, would've been a total waste of time. Since he'd never had cause to use it ... yet

• Haha 2