At this point.

We are in a very similar place to last season although a point better off and a better goal difference Leeds are of course top of the league but we all know what happens there though right?

The league is still wide open I feel if Monk can make an impact here we have every chance? 

I'm feeling slightly optimistic UTO WAWAW

Screenshot_20190919_075120.jpg

Screenshot_20190919_075242.jpg

• Thanks 2

Saturday is a real benchmark. Fulham will be top 6 at the end of the season, and if they keep Mitrovic and Cairney fit, them and Leeds will finish top 2. 

May appear negative, but I think Fulham will beat us quite easily on Saturday. Mitrovic, Cavelero and Knockhaet as a front 3 is very impressive at this level. 

1 hour ago, 1867_OWL said:

The league is still wide open I feel if Monk can make an impact here we have every chance? 

I'm feeling slightly optimistic

I am too but i think it's unrealistic to expect too much after a couple of weeks.

I'm sure GM will be able to do things with this squad but over a few months...

Having watched football for many years, i must admit to a certain leaning towards the idea of 'bogey clubs & players'.

I know Knockheart certainly comes into this category, and I'm almost certain that Fulham do too.

For that reason alone, I'm not expecting, though would love to see' a great result on sat I wouldn't mind Knockie scoring a hat-trick, if the result was 4-3 to us. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Saturday is a real benchmark. Fulham will be top 6 at the end of the season, and if they keep Mitrovic and Cairney fit, them and Leeds will finish top 2. 

May appear negative, but I think Fulham will beat us quite easily on Saturday. Mitrovic, Cavelero and Knockhaet as a front 3 is very impressive at this level. 

Fulham could go either way from here.  A couple of defeats will send them sliding.  The still have the same group that made an abject attempt at competing last season.

27 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Intetesting only team with no draws. They always say draws that kill your season.

It’s true. My old U14s Sunday League team used to get battered by six and seven goals week in week out. One February morning we lost 21-1 to Pitsmoor on a frozen pitch up by the (then still functional) ski slope, they had two lads playing who were clearly about 19 but one of them chinned one of the dads when he made a fuss. I think we scored nine goals all season (I got one of them volleying in a corner top bins and was too embarrassed to celebrate as we were already losing by eight).

Anyway yeah we finished rock bottom and I forget my point tbqfh

lol

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, 1867_OWL said:

We are in a very similar place to last season although a point better off and a better goal difference Leeds are of course top of the league but we all know what happens there though right?

I'm feeling slightly optimistic UTO WAWAW

Screenshot_20190919_075120.jpg

Screenshot_20190919_075242.jpg

This is all in the Graph Thread and the comments you make are all there too.

I’m always optimistic... blind with it I am .

What’s the OT’s faithful opinion on pace ? 

We have it in Harris, Murphy has some too but is unsure how to create anything with it.

Monk has said that Reach is a winger, but has he got any pace? He was put in clear space a couple of times on Sunday but he didn’t burn it up, he just stopped and passed the ball inside or backwards. I don’t think that he possesses any significant pace.

If Harris gets an injury then it would really screw our new found effectiveness.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Agree with this, they key is to stay in the game as long as possible. I remember last time we played them down here when they were flying, we did well stayed string until the last 5 when Mitrovic scored. There not as good as they were then but it will be the same kind of game, however, we have pace now so there is a chance of us hitting them on the break. Will be interesting.

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

It’s true. My old U14s Sunday League team used to get battered by six and seven goals week in week out. One February morning we lost 21-1 to Pitsmoor on a frozen pitch up by the (then still functional) ski slope, they had two lads playing who were clearly about 19 but one of them chinned one of the dads when he made a fuss. I think we scored nine goals all season (I got one of them volleying in a corner top bins and was too embarrassed to celebrate as we were already losing by eight).

Anyway yeah we finished rock bottom and I forget my point tbqfh

lol

Should have said draws and heavy defeats.....the joys of sunday kids football  good old sheffield and district league . 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with this, they key is to stay in the game as long as possible. I remember last time we played them down here when they were flying, we did well stayed string until the last 5 when Mitrovic scored. There not as good as they were then but it will be the same kind of game, however, we have pace now so there is a chance of us hitting them on the break. Will be interesting.

Looking at their players makes you wonder how they have not won everygame.

Do expect them to kick on now though.