Flooding their box..

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Looks like the best way to beat Fulham on Saturday is all the team Knock- one -eart early doors .....

Put the game to bed ...

We always get sloppy when this happens..lose concentration and all penetration 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

It’s a pity that this thread has descended into a filthy, innuendo strewn smutfest, as I feel some salient points are being lost in the fog of double-entendres.

I completely agree with you but suspect others will Carry on Regardless!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, frastheowl said:

In Luongo and Lee we have two players have the energy and desire to get themselves into the box to effect things. 

However, if we continue with a midfield three of Hutch, Bannan and Reach, we'll struggle to get numbers in the box. It isn't Hutch's role to, Bannan doesn't get himself into the box, preferring to linger outside the box to pick up loose balls, and Reach seems to be reluctant to get himself into those goalscoring positions in the box often enough. 

It's a real concern for Reach playing that No. 10 role. No doubting he offers a lot of positives in there ..he works hard, he always tidy on the ball and he's solid and reliable. But, in a side lacking creativity and invention, we suffer, because Reach doesn't seem to be able to bring that to his central role. Too often he seems to get stuck in a middle ground, neither effectively close enough to link up with Fletcher, yet disconnected from the double pivot in midfield. Good No. 10's do it naturally.

Unfortunately, we just don't have a natural No. 10 in our squad, which is why a 4-2-3-1 system will continue to yield stodgy, disjointed offensive play, however, we'll maintain a good degree of solidity and structure defensively. I think Monk, if he's going to stick with a back four (a constant during his managerial career), may have to choose between a more standard 4-3-3 with a single DM and two more adventurous midfielders (I'd love to see Bannan play that role, however, he naturally seems to prefer playing deeper) like he adopted at Swansea, or a more structured 4-4-2 like he played at Leeds and Birmingham.

Can teams nowadays afford to play 4-4-2 with two out and out wingers? More often than not, wide mdifelders are asked to tuck inside to provide more central cover and allow space for full backs to exploit (Carvalhal's 4-4-2 was a prime example of that, with Bannan and Wallace as wide midfielders). 

We do he's just suspended for 6 games for being found innocent in court !!!

I'm happy if we manage to flood the box once each game. I don't think I can take too much excitement at my age. It's the games where we try to flood the box and fail miserably that concern me. Is it lack of desire or lack of ability by one or more players.

47 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm happy if we manage to flood the box once each game. I don't think I can take too much excitement at my age. It's the games where we try to flood the box and fail miserably that concern me. Is it lack of desire or lack of ability by one or more players.

I think some players need to stand erect at the edge of the box, then the rest of the team have more chance of being able to thrust it in for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

I always get sloppy when this happens..lose concentration and all penetration 

I disagree...

I've always been a firm believer in this pre match routine ..

It avoids an "early exit later" on in the game

You should practice this method more often ..

You being a Roger n that ....

lol

• Haha 2