Fernando Forestieri

Guest The Horse

40 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

You think he has fallen out of love with the club? How the hell would you know?

And if people keep airbrushing history he will have never have scored a goal for us soon.

Crikey calm down.

Its a forum and I am giving my opinion based on how he has performed.

Never mentioned him scoring or not scoring so no airbrushing of history from me.

• Like 1

Guest The Horse

I started this with a video almost 24 hrs ago so I'm gonna post another here.

Despite all the discussion, my thoughts turn to the Di Canio situation.

One of the greatest talents we ever had and we never stood by him like Ferguson did with Cantona.

So let's get behind this generation's mercurial talent when he returns like we should've done with Di Canio.

See, I'm a simple man. Erm, horse and I like to watch players that do things that make me smile.

Like this. Excuse the obligatory awful YouTube music:

4 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

JUST BECAUSE ONE ARSEHOLE MAKES A MISTAKE, DOESN'T MEAN THAT ALL THE OTHERS HAVE TO FOLLOW SUIT.  THEY HAVE OBVIOUSLY HAD THEIR HEADS TOGETHER, AND QUITE UNFAIRLY, DECIDED TO MARK HIS CARD.

THAT VIDEO SHOULD BE SENT TO THE FL, AND THOSE IDIOTS THAT IMPOSED THE SIX MATCH BAN.

i think your probably  right they have had there heads together and some have decided that he gets nothing off them …...it's wrong but it nots surprising .

On 19/09/2019 at 18:24, A E Neuman NYowl said:

FF was amazing that first season, for me the best player in the division. A lot of this was down not only to his skill but also his shear hard work. The number of times he caught defenders in possession of the ball and launched on the offensive, now that is down to hard work. He was a proper team player.

We then had the wage debacle, refusing to play at Norwich and that stupid pose on his bike making out he was skint. Since then we have had only the fleeting glimpses of his hard work and ability.

Sorry but I think FF has fallen out of love with this club, he will go elsewhere start off like a train he will be  on fire until something upsets him, then the toys will be thrown out of the Pram.

Another one who can’t let it go

On 19/09/2019 at 17:24, A E Neuman NYowl said:

FF was amazing that first season, for me the best player in the division. A lot of this was down not only to his skill but also his shear hard work. The number of times he caught defenders in possession of the ball and launched on the offensive, now that is down to hard work. He was a proper team player.

We then had the wage debacle, refusing to play at Norwich and that stupid pose on his bike making out he was skint. Since then we have had only the fleeting glimpses of his hard work and ability.

Sorry but I think FF has fallen out of love with this club, he will go elsewhere start off like a train he will be  on fire until something upsets him, then the toys will be thrown out of the Pram.

I can’t really disagree with anything that you’ve said there... i hope we’re wrong though!

that 1st season you mentioned he was amazing... the tenacity to win the ball then make something happen along with Kieran Lee and Bannan in that triangle was a pleasure to witness..

7 hours ago, Jim Wonk said:

I can’t really disagree with anything that you’ve said there... i hope we’re wrong though!

that 1st season you mentioned he was amazing... the tenacity to win the ball then make something happen along with Kieran Lee and Bannan in that triangle was a pleasure to witness..

Agreed. Lee, Bannan and FF hunted in packs, then attacked at pace. 

Though that was three super-fit players aged 27, 25 and 25. Now they are 31, 29 and 29, and two of the three have been wracked by long injuries.

Guest Bulgaria
On 19/09/2019 at 19:24, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Absolutely.

On 18/09/2019 at 23:37, MartinOwlMan said:

What has come to light at the Stain these last few days? I probably missed it because I live abroad. Do tell...

I live in Sheffield and I too am struggling to fathom this out and make the link?

Five pages in and  I'm still not sure!

OP???????

• Like 1

On 19/09/2019 at 20:51, The Horse said:

I started this with a video almost 24 hrs ago so I'm gonna post another here.

Despite all the discussion, my thoughts turn to the Di Canio situation.

One of the greatest talents we ever had and we never stood by him like Ferguson did with Cantona.

So let's get behind this generation's mercurial talent when he returns like we should've done with Di Canio.

See, I'm a simple man. Erm, horse and I like to watch players that do things that make me smile.

Like this. Excuse the obligatory awful YouTube music:

With you all the way until that revisionist statement 

Rather than we never stood by him the situation was the complete opposite DiCanio turned his back on the club and everything surrounding it including the fans

Guest The Horse
1 hour ago, apswfcowl said:

I live in Sheffield and I too am struggling to fathom this out and make the link?

Five pages in and  I'm still not sure!

OP???????

Read on from around this page on the thread in the non-SWFC section:

Guest The Horse
49 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Rather than we never stood by him the situation was the complete opposite DiCanio turned his back on the club and everything surrounding it including the fans

Happy to be corrected over the mists of time but wasn't it that the club didn't want to rock the boat with the FA and meekly accepted his fate without a whimper?

I've never heard the part where Di Canio turned his back on us because of that.

Seriously.

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Dave Richards was after a role in football administration and hung Di Canio out to dry to get the job. Naturally the maverick Di Canio felt unloved and wanted out due to this lack of support. This as always been my understanding of this sorry mess and not the Bull that Richards span to cover up his trouser leg crawling.

1 hour ago, Prince said:

Dave Richards was after a role in football administration and hung Di Canio out to dry to get the job. Naturally the maverick Di Canio felt unloved and wanted out due to this lack of support. This as always been my understanding of this sorry mess and not the Bull that Richards span to cover up his trouser leg crawling.

Agree. Exactly the opposite of what Man U did with their star player.