Fernando Forestieri

Guest The Horse

We all know FF hasnt reached the heights of a few years ago. 

But a fit FF must be a bonus to the team

He will come back fit although lacking match time  I for one would play him as agree with previous posts that one player who creates a buzz. So just play him sure he will deliver for thos season slot of money riding on it for him as well

Thing is FF knows he can vanish for large parts of the game.  If he does something wonderful for 5 or 10 minutes.  It makes him lazy.

I love watching him harassing defenders and goalkeepers but this has become less and less.

You can almost see what mood he is in and if he is 'up for it'

whether this is attitude or fitness I don't know.

13 hours ago, ka58 said:

That hasn’t happened - sounds like something you hear from blades

“the star hates us!”

”radio Sheffield hates us!”

”the council hates us”

It's getting embarrassing isn't it?

I accept that the average football fan does not understand the difference in the standard of proof in criminal proceedings as opposed to the EFL's proceedings but the bleating about "dem all got it in for us" is galling to say the least.

15 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Hopefully he'll come back and show every f*cker he's still a class act. Unfortunately my head says it'll be more frustrations and he'll leave in the summer without us offering a new contract

We have already offered him a new contract.

14 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Fact is our record when he starts for us is off-the-scale abysmal.

Look no further.

Without scrolling down, of the 16 games he has started since the start of last season, how many have we won?

Two.

Really. You will think I’m making it up.

Ipswich 0-1 Owls (we scored after he was subbed)

Owls 2-0 Brentford.

It simply doesn’t work. Why? Christ knows. But it doesn’t.

He started once this season. QPR.

After the other day, sorry but I don't trust your stats anymore!

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Was it actually Forestieri's fault that we didn't win more of those games though? Was it down to him that we threw away a 2 goal lead late on against WBA, or that Norwich equalised just after midnight? Of those 13 league starts he made where we didn't win he still scored 6 goals which is a very decent return. And despite that limited game time in a season riddled with injury, suspension and a court appearance looming over him he was still 4th top scorer with those 6 goals from 15 league starts behind Fletcher (11 from 32 starts), Joao (7 from 18 plus 3 goals as sub) and Reach (8 from 43)

He was top scorer and top assist maker in his first 2 seasons, and after losing the majority of the following season to injury still came back with 5 goals in the last 8 games. Easily the most talented player we've had in the last 20 years, one of very few players we've had in that time who can fashion a goal from nothing (see the Reading and Norwich goals as prime examples) yet it makes me laugh how some people seem to be so desperate to get rid of him or belittle his stats.

If you're purely looking at the results when a particular player participated, you'd find that George Boyd was a key player last season as we averaged 1.63 points per game when he played compared to 1.3 for Hutchinson and 1.42 for Fletcher and Bannan but I don't see anyone slating their stats or complaining that we let Boyd go...

Excellent post!

18 hours ago, torryowl said:

sadly I think he made a rod for his own back in his Watford days and he's rarely going to get any favours from them …... 

JUST BECAUSE ONE ARSEHOLE MAKES A MISTAKE, DOESN'T MEAN THAT ALL THE OTHERS HAVE TO FOLLOW SUIT.  THEY HAVE OBVIOUSLY HAD THEIR HEADS TOGETHER, AND QUITE UNFAIRLY, DECIDED TO MARK HIS CARD.

THAT VIDEO SHOULD BE SENT TO THE FL, AND THOSE IDIOTS THAT IMPOSED THE SIX MATCH BAN.

• Like 1

The Professional Refs association should watch that video then sack Tim Robinson 

The one against Hull ( not even the worst ) to me was total bias on Robinsons part even if he had decided FF had dived the fact that Dawson tried pull him ( Robinson ) should have made him pause but he actually shrugged off Dawson to yellow card FF 

All the decisions in that video are criminal and blatant 

6 hours ago, alanharper said:

Was it actually Forestieri's fault that we didn't win more of those games though? Was it down to him that we threw away a 2 goal lead late on against WBA, or that Norwich equalised just after midnight? Of those 13 league starts he made where we didn't win he still scored 6 goals which is a very decent return. And despite that limited game time in a season riddled with injury, suspension and a court appearance looming over him he was still 4th top scorer with those 6 goals from 15 league starts behind Fletcher (11 from 32 starts), Joao (7 from 18 plus 3 goals as sub) and Reach (8 from 43)

He was top scorer and top assist maker in his first 2 seasons, and after losing the majority of the following season to injury still came back with 5 goals in the last 8 games. Easily the most talented player we've had in the last 20 years, one of very few players we've had in that time who can fashion a goal from nothing (see the Reading and Norwich goals as prime examples) yet it makes me laugh how some people seem to be so desperate to get rid of him or belittle his stats.

If you're purely looking at the results when a particular player participated, you'd find that George Boyd was a key player last season as we averaged 1.63 points per game when he played compared to 1.3 for Hutchinson and 1.42 for Fletcher and Bannan but I don't see anyone slating their stats or complaining that we let Boyd go...

If players were rated on talent alone he would be one of the best in the last 20 years. Gerald Sibon would be my choice a player good enough to play in the champions league for a very good PSV side. The problem is talent has to be matched with attitude and effort and Nando could be questioned on both. These are the reasons he has never made the step up to the Premier league were talent alone is not enough.

FF was amazing that first season, for me the best player in the division. A lot of this was down not only to his skill but also his shear hard work. The number of times he caught defenders in possession of the ball and launched on the offensive, now that is down to hard work. He was a proper team player.

We then had the wage debacle, refusing to play at Norwich and that stupid pose on his bike making out he was skint. Since then we have had only the fleeting glimpses of his hard work and ability.

Sorry but I think FF has fallen out of love with this club, he will go elsewhere start off like a train he will be  on fire until something upsets him, then the toys will be thrown out of the Pram.

Edited by A E Neuman NYowl
Spelling

Like joao in many ways, great footballer capeble of real moments of magic and creativity when he applies himself. 

Nando's problem is his attitude same as joao and why both were so frustrating, doesn't apply himself enough on a consistent basis. 

Was brilliant that first season it can't be ignored or denied, but after that his attitude and commitment have been questionable. 

Reminds me so much of a cut price benni Carbone and can see him drifting through this season and on to pastures new in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

The Professional Refs association should watch that video then sack Tim Robinson 

The one against Hull ( not even the worst ) to me was total bias on Robinsons part even if he had decided FF had dived the fact that Dawson tried pull him ( Robinson ) should have made him pause but he actually shrugged off Dawson to yellow card FF 

All the decisions in that video are criminal and blatant 

The one against hull and the last one are shockers but the very first clip he throws himself to the floor. Would be generous to say there was minimal contact.

1 hour ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

FF was amazing that first season, for me the best player in the division. A lot of this was down not only to his skill but also his shear hard work. The number of times he caught defenders in possession of the ball and launched on the offensive, now that is down to hard work. He was a proper team player.

We then had the wage debacle, refusing to play at Norwich and that stupid pose on his bike making out he was skint. Since then we have had only the fleeting glimpses of his hard work and ability.

Sorry but I think FF has fallen out of love with this club, he will go elsewhere start off like a train he will be  on fire until something upsets him, then the toys will be thrown out of the Pram.

You think he has fallen out of love with the club? How the hell would you know?

And if people keep airbrushing history he will have never have scored a goal for us soon.

• Thanks 1