Fernando Forestieri

Guest The Horse

Guest Bulgaria

I've lost count of the number of times I hear..

" Let's hope he comes back fit and firing"

I personally think his head is elsewhere. He will be gone as soon as possible.

10 hours ago, A12owl said:

They should but they don't.

Those referee decision are unbelievable. Isn't the last ref a premiership ref?

Can't remember his name. 

They are not judging him, he has already been condemned.  How many times each week do we see players diving and throwing themselves around and how often do we see a different response from the ref depending upon whos doing the diving and who they play for.  I don't want to be a conspiracist but its a fact that the football authorities have it in for fessi and other players would get sympathy if they committed murder on the pitch. 

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Fact is our record when he starts for us is off-the-scale abysmal.

Look no further.

Without scrolling down, of the 16 games he has started since the start of last season, how many have we won?

Two.

Really. You will think I’m making it up.

Ipswich 0-1 Owls (we scored after he was subbed)

Owls 2-0 Brentford.

It simply doesn’t work. Why? Christ knows. But it doesn’t.

He started once this season. QPR.

Was it actually Forestieri's fault that we didn't win more of those games though? Was it down to him that we threw away a 2 goal lead late on against WBA, or that Norwich equalised just after midnight? Of those 13 league starts he made where we didn't win he still scored 6 goals which is a very decent return. And despite that limited game time in a season riddled with injury, suspension and a court appearance looming over him he was still 4th top scorer with those 6 goals from 15 league starts behind Fletcher (11 from 32 starts), Joao (7 from 18 plus 3 goals as sub) and Reach (8 from 43)

He was top scorer and top assist maker in his first 2 seasons, and after losing the majority of the following season to injury still came back with 5 goals in the last 8 games. Easily the most talented player we've had in the last 20 years, one of very few players we've had in that time who can fashion a goal from nothing (see the Reading and Norwich goals as prime examples) yet it makes me laugh how some people seem to be so desperate to get rid of him or belittle his stats.

If you're purely looking at the results when a particular player participated, you'd find that George Boyd was a key player last season as we averaged 1.63 points per game when he played compared to 1.3 for Hutchinson and 1.42 for Fletcher and Bannan but I don't see anyone slating their stats or complaining that we let Boyd go...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Was it actually Forestieri's fault that we didn't win more of those games though? Was it down to him that we threw away a 2 goal lead late on against WBA, or that Norwich equalised just after midnight? Of those 13 league starts he made where we didn't win he still scored 6 goals which is a very decent return. And despite that limited game time in a season riddled with injury, suspension and a court appearance looming over him he was still 4th top scorer with those 6 goals from 15 league starts behind Fletcher (11 from 32 starts), Joao (7 from 18 plus 3 goals as sub) and Reach (8 from 43)

He was top scorer and top assist maker in his first 2 seasons, and after losing the majority of the following season to injury still came back with 5 goals in the last 8 games. Easily the most talented player we've had in the last 20 years, one of very few players we've had in that time who can fashion a goal from nothing (see the Reading and Norwich goals as prime examples) yet it makes me laugh how some people seem to be so desperate to get rid of him or belittle his stats.

If you're purely looking at the results when a particular player participated, you'd find that George Boyd was a key player last season as we averaged 1.63 points per game when he played compared to 1.3 for Hutchinson and 1.42 for Fletcher and Bannan but I don't see anyone slating their stats or complaining that we let Boyd go...

Fantastic Post !!!!

Stats can be interpreted how people want them to be.

If you watch him you can see the talent... if someone can get the best out of him then not only should we be tying him down to a new contract we should be building a team round him.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Fantastic Post !!!!

Stats can be interpreted how people want them to be.

If you watch him you can see the talent... if someone can get the best out of him then not only should we be tying him down to a new contract we should be building a team round him.

Doesnt it prove we are a more effective team when he is not starting though? 

Of course it does. 

It is about the 11 on the pitch not one player. 

Some fans need to accept what is in front of them. We are a better team with him on the bench barring his first season here. 

2 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Doesnt it prove we are a more effective team when he is not starting though? 

Of course it does. 

It is about the 11 on the pitch not one player. 

Some fans need to accept what is in front of them. We are a better team with him on the bench barring his first season here. 

No not really.

You can pit that at any player, and I have, I think were a better team without Bannan in it as good as Bannan is.

Its all about opinions but when you have a game changer you give him as much game time as possible IMO.

FF still had it when he came back from injury towards the end of Jos's first season. He was great  back to almost his best. Is it still there, probably, if his head is right. It will be down to Monk to see if he can get FF back to his best.

As things stand I wouldn't offer him a new contract on anything like the terms he must be on at present unless we can see signs that he's motivated and back to his old self.

24 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

No not really.

You can pit that at any player, and I have, I think were a better team without Bannan in it as good as Bannan is.

Its all about opinions but when you have a game changer you give him as much game time as possible IMO.

And when we have done (ie starting Nando) we have not got the results. Thats my point. 

He definitely has a part to play but more as an impact sub. 

41 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Can't agree with this more.