Fernando Forestieri

Guest The Horse

For £3 million quid Fernando has been a bargain 

First season and most of second he was one of best players in league 

Think it's time for him to move on but I won't complain about Fernando's time here ,we've wasted far much more money on wasters than Fernando ie abdi.

Some people can't get over the Norwich thing cus  they are angels and have never made a mistake 

Personally I don't have too much sympathy for him. If it was one or two examples of injustice I'd feel some sympathy but the reality is that his time at our club has been plagued with issues, none worse than his refusal to play a couple of years back. 

You could sort of tolerate it 2 years ago when he was delivering on the pitch but his performances have declined so much that he rarely makes the starting 11 even when he's fit and not suspended. 

If you'd have told me 2 years ago that he'd leave the club on a free I'd have been amazed, now it's a likely probability. 

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

In light of the way the media has had it in for us in respect of what's come to light at United these last few days, when he's back - let's get behind this absolute talent and help him to help us overtake those nasty, vile pieces of work at the Pink Pig Pen.

What has come to light at the Stain these last few days? I probably missed it because I live abroad. Do tell...

Fact is our record when he starts for us is off-the-scale abysmal.

Look no further.

Without scrolling down, of the 16 games he has started since the start of last season, how many have we won?

Two.

Really. You will think I’m making it up.

Ipswich 0-1 Owls (we scored after he was subbed)

Owls 2-0 Brentford.

It simply doesn’t work. Why? Christ knows. But it doesn’t.

He started once this season. QPR.

Just now, A12owl said:

I dread a "Forestieri" thread on here.

Every time the "Norwich" event is dragged out again. 

Have those same people got no thoughts about the injustice on the above video and the recent ridiculous racist saga.

As I've already stated, Fernando apologised unreservedly to DC and the club including the fans for his mistake and admitted he was wrong. He has previously won us games almost single handedly. What better sight is there than Fernando skinning a defender,cutting inside and smashing the ball into the net . Norwich away last season springs to mind. 

He's been plagued by injuries and probably played when he was not fully fit. 

He appears to be a very thoughtful considerate human being that does a lot for fans and charities.

Give the bloke your support and perhaps we might get our Nando back.

He gets more support than the rest of the team put together. We were singing his name at Huddersfield. Bet that made the other 11 feel good.

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

I'm on about the way the local media (Radio Sheffield / The Star) have used every and any opportunity to beat our club. Whilst ignoring anything that SHOULD have been reported from the dark side.

But I think you knew that anyways.

It's time to fight back and put our personal gripes about the club to one side from top to bottom.

Including this poor fella.

We've all been critical of our team to one degree or another, myself included but now is the time to put these players on our shoulders.

Especially Fernando when he's available again.

That hasn’t happened - sounds like something you hear from blades

“the star hates us!”

”radio Sheffield hates us!”

”the council hates us”

Guest The Horse
5 minutes ago, ka58 said:

That hasn’t happened - sounds like something you hear from blades

“the star hates us!”

”radio Sheffield hates us!”

”the council hates us”

You have read the thread in the non- SWFC section, right??

Football is flawed and dare I say bent as a butchers hook.

Only in football can you receive huge amounts of money in the form of parachute payments which to my mind adds up to a reward for failure and a massive advantage at a crack at promotion the year after.

The current FFP rules are a joke and has not stopped clubs going under, all it has done is disadvantage teams further by not letting owners spend what they can afford.

As for Fernando, how in the name of god can you be found innocent in the eyes of the law but paraded in front of a kangaroo court and found guilty.

Sky, FIFA, the premier league and the FA seem hell bent on ruining football and they are doing a fantastic job at it.

Fernandoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

What was the question?

Edited by Hitcat

7 hours ago, The Horse said:

For me, it's the DiCanio (ish) situation.

Football is not like any job that us regular laymen can relate to.

When there's an obvious talent, it takes an equally talented manager to get the best out of them.

But off on a separate tangent, I said not just get behind him but the club from top to bottom.

I think that many of us have been blindsided by the negativity that's been showered upon us by the local media that we've actually bought into it.

Forestieri is just an easy target and it just grinds my gears how we have one of the most gifted players we've seen for years made to look like a demon whilst much worse has gone off over the city unreported.

Why the big love in for a player who aint done a great deal for over 2 years? Serious question

8 hours ago, The Horse said:

I'm on about the way the local media (Radio Sheffield / The Star) have used every and any opportunity to beat our club. Whilst ignoring anything that SHOULD have been reported from the dark side.

But I think you knew that anyways.

It's time to fight back and put our personal gripes about the club to one side from top to bottom.

Including this poor fella.

We've all been critical of our team to one degree or another, myself included but now is the time to put these players on our shoulders.

Especially Fernando when he's available again.

I really didn't but I get your general point. 

7 hours ago, A12owl said:

How many years ago was that. And it wasn't while playing for us. Have you got a video of the incident.

How does the Hull sending off rate in your view. 

The vids on you tube just type in forestieri v wolves . ..  doesn't matter how many years it was once you do something like that your card is marked by some refs   .  The hull sending off was ridiculous which tends to support my view that he gets no favours from a lot of refs 

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He gets more support than the rest of the team put together. We were singing his name at Huddersfield. Bet that made the other 11 feel good.

I thought it was the Huddersfield fans singing Forestieri’s name as some sort of tribute to his penalty miss in the play-off semi?

• Haha 1