Praise for Wednesday

Have had reason to contact the club over a personal issue. After several mistakes, mainly my fault, I went on  the club website again. and clicked the Club Contacts. On srolling through the whole lot, again,i came to the bottom, and read - 'Should any problem not be resolved to your satisfaction using the addresses above, please email welisten@swfc.co.uk with full details.'

In desperation, I did, and had a reply within 15 mins, saying the situation had been forwarded to the appropriate people, and would be actioned. 

Smart work, welisten. 

• Like 5

Have to agree, my brothers obituary was on the scoreboard at half time against Barnsley and none of us attended the game - we didn’t know it was going to be on and didn’t know anything about it.

Emailed the club to see if they had any video or picture of it. They were busy updating the next match score board so a bit of delay for a week, emailed again for an update and was emailed back within 10 mins with the picture.

Top work. 

On 19/09/2019 at 09:36, Buxtongent said:

Thanks. It was sorted overnight! I e-mailed the link some time after 6pm Tues. and had a phone call by 10.30 AM next morning.

Well done, SWFC. and its employees.

Not prying Buxton..but was it a serious issue, or one most of us might come across?..no detail necessary....

Its just that if it was a sort of "run of the mill" fan complaint...makes it even more impressive

Simple. I was stopped at the Barnsley game and asked if i required assistance. I  walk with two sticks and was facing the e trance and the flight  of stairs onto the concourse, a mere 39 steps, The young lady steward assisted me to the lift, into the Club Foyer and thence through a door into the Concourse. The gentleman there arranged for me to use the Main Entrance. Very useful for someone aged and not good on one's feet., so not a complaint, but very helpful . Just thought the club comes in for some stick, and I thought it only fair to give them a 'pat-on-back' 

Would suggest that their reply was 'run of the mill' for them, but thought the whole episode showed that the club does often care. It started when I had walked from the Kop gates and stopped for a blow at  the Ticket Office. I was approached by 2 stewards, offering help. It seemed so 'run of the mill'   but has been so helpful

I would expect that they WILL reply to complaints, but don't know the outcome. Sorry if that doesn't help you , but it did me  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Simple. I was stopped at the Barnsley game and asked if i required assistance. I  walk with two sticks and was facing the e trance and the flight  of stairs onto the concourse, a mere 39 steps, The young lady steward assisted me to the lift, into the Club Foyer and thence through a door into the Concourse. The gentleman there arranged for me to use the Main Entrance. Very useful for someone aged and not good on one's feet., so not a complaint, but very helpful . Just thought the club comes in for some stick, and I thought it only fair to give them a 'pat-on-back' 

Would suggest that their reply was 'run of the mill' for them, but thought the whole episode showed that the club does often care. It started when I had walked from the Kop gates and stopped for a blow at  the Ticket Office. I was approached by 2 stewards, offering help. It seemed so 'run of the mill'   but has been so helpful

I would expect that they WILL reply to complaints, but don't know the outcome. Sorry if that doesn't help you , but it did me  

I think thats excellent mate

I wasn't sure whether you had complained about something or complimented the club on something.

Your above post shows the latter, and it also shows that the stewards etc are not just there to stop trouble but were proactive in actually aiding an Owls fan...thats not 

"Run of the mill" cos they could have simply not bothered.

It reflects well on the club and its employees....

i'm sure a "mere" 39 steps is relative..for some its hardly a bother...for others its the Hitchcock movie...

I hope the club gave  the relevant stewards in the area  a pat on the back...

4 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Hi, Asteener, No, it certainly wasn't a complaint. I am highly delighted with the response I have had from all the SWFC Stewards, not just in this instance. I have found them approachable at most times, very different from the other stewards and the SYP.

Really pleased to hear it mate..We can't afford to lose fans, 

No doubt it sounds a minor thing for someone who can "trot" up 39 steps....but when you get to a certain age, so many other factors have to be taken into account...like access, like mobility..simple things, but it can make the difference between a fan attending and not bothering.

If a fan with a mobility problem is given assistance, without even recourse to asking, it will give that fan confidence to carry on coming...The confidence that there will not be hurdles in the way

Its a reassuring post mate....

9 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Have to agree, my brothers obituary was on the scoreboard at half time against Barnsley and none of us attended the game - we didn’t know it was going to be on and didn’t know anything about it.

Emailed the club to see if they had any video or picture of it. They were busy updating the next match score board so a bit of delay for a week, emailed again for an update and was emailed back within 10 mins with the picture.

Top work. 

Decent, but would have been nicer if they'd redone the obituary at a forthcoming match and informed you and your family which match so you could be there to witness it.

On 19/09/2019 at 09:36, Buxtongent said:

Thanks. It was sorted overnight! I e-mailed the link some time after 6pm Tues. and had a phone call by 10.30 AM next morning.

Well done, SWFC. and its employees.

Far too positive. Surely Jos came back and messed it up for you?! lol

Glad to hear it was sorted for you.