Benfica want Reach

Harris, Borner, Luongo and Iorfa for about £1.2M. Think what we could buy if we had a few £MM to spend.  £12M and I'd sell even though I think Reach is a good player. That type of money goes a long way in the current market.

Every player has a price, so for me any bid of £10+ million I'd accept. 

We actually like the joao deal make a profit on our original outlay and would allow monk funds to invest back into the team on areas he deems need it. 

Also allowing us to do this without getting ourselves into a pickle with FFP like we did previously. 

Would be smart business sense for a good player, but who's not necessarily vital to us. 

9 hours ago, prowl said:

Harris, Borner, Luongo and Iorfa for about £1.2M. Think what we could buy if we had a few £MM to spend.  £12M and I'd sell even though I think Reach is a good player. That type of money goes a long way in the current market.

We dont need the 10 million for players. We need it to balance the books. Our outgoings massively outweigh our income stream. We need to be selling one of these a year just to break even.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Personally thought he was effective second half of last season. Not started particularly well this year but we are only 7 games into the season. If he stays I've no doubt he will be one of our best players over the course of the season.

Yes every player has his price and if we were offered silly money we'd have to take it. Strongly disagree that he would be easy to replace though.

Totally agree . Some on here seem to think you just whistle down the pit and a scoring midfielder pops up. Sadly the pits are gone and players of this type are expensive if available. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Even some of the great European clubs have to sell on their best players occasionally. Just look at the likes of Ajax and Atletico Madrid. But it how you reinvest it and how you develop youth that is the key. 

Couldnt agree more. We have a lot of work to do in that respect.

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We dont need the 10 million for players. We need it to balance the books. Our outgoings massively outweigh our income stream. We need to be selling one of these a year just to break even.

10 million a drop in the ocean. We have been losing 30 million a season. We need to cut the wage bill thats the only sustainable way to keep losses down until we get the academy producing some real talent.

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

10 million a drop in the ocean. We have been losing 30 million a season. We need to cut the wage bill thats the only sustainable way to keep losses down until we get the academy producing some real talent.

I dont believe its anywhere near 30 mill a season. Neare 15 million maybe. A 10 million sell plus shrewd moves for freebies and loans and not splashing cash on players we dont need or cant afford will certainly help. 

16 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Anything above £8m and get rid.

Replaceable with someone who can play behind the striker much better than Reach can.

Benn one of the worst performers this season!

He’s a retired boxer mate. Bit harsh expecting him to perform behind the striker. lol

5 minutes ago, Tudders said:

He’s a retired boxer mate. Bit harsh expecting him to perform behind the striker. lol

I remember that time, years ago, when the Boys in Blue issued a photofit picture which just happened to bear a resemblance to the Dark Destroyer.

Anyway, the unfortunate Benn was walking down Romford Road when someone made a citizen's arrest.

Even more unfortunate for the arrester, I would think.

8e26a4c8-a0f0-11e6-891e-abe238dee8e2 (1).png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

I'm not advocating spending £10M. These aren't the early days of DC when we would spend that on players who never featured. £3 -£4M would buy a number of quality first team squad members/starters. It looks like we have guys in charge of recruitment who can find bargains.

It's a time for patient frugality where we spot the Borner, Luongo and Harris types available at reasonable figures. A few £100k at the right time is more effective than £8M or whatever on the next Rhodes.

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

I dont believe its anywhere near 30 mill a season. Neare 15 million maybe. A 10 million sell plus shrewd moves for freebies and loans and not splashing cash on players we dont need or cant afford will certainly help. 

If you go into the boardroom forum it lists the accounts for 2017-2018. We show a profit of 2.5m year end. These figures include the sale of the ground for 38m. Take that away and it would have been a 35.5m loss for the year. We can only sell the ground once so its worrying for 2018-2019 figures. We have cut the wage bill but not by 30m.