Benfica want Reach

5 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/manager-of-european-giants-name-drops-sheffield-wednesdays-adam-reach-as-report-claims-he-considered-move/

No offer mentioned. Just Lage waffling with his local journo's.  

No 10m mentioned, no bid, no nothing.  

I was more saying there is something in the story rather than specifically about the bid

Edited by 1993swfc

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I will start the plane now 

No need, save on the carbon emissions, for £10m (if true but doubt it) I'll piggy back him there.

Not to say I don't like Reach because he has flashes of brilliance but that's all they are, too infrequent for me.

Money that could be spent wisely by GM.

Edited by Ray Von shabba
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

No need, save on the carbon emissions, for £10m (if true but doubt it) I'll piggy back him there.

Not to say I don't like Reach because he has flashes of brilliance but that's all they are, too infrequent for me.

Money that could be spent wisely by GM.

Has one real asset in his locker. His long range shooting. that is what made him stand out last season and get him noticed just like the raw pace of Daniel James got him noticed. Difference is James's pace is there every single time he plays Reachs long range shooting ain't.

I have said for some time on here that Reach is the only real asset we have, money wise. So if we can get anywhere near 10-15m for him considering James almost went to Leeds for 7m. Then it is an absolute no brainer.

Well this came out of left field. I don't believe that Benfica would seriously buy him. 15 Million would be a dream but isn't going to happen. I like Reach does a great job for us. I don't think he will ever be a top end PL player or playing for a team in the champions league like Benfica. Just lacking pace and the ability to beat a man to be able to do that. Would rather have him helping the team and covering positions, but if someone came in with a silly bid then of course take it. But really i don't believe Reach is on the hit list of any big clubs. He's a good egg who covers positions without moaning and works for the team. Would leave a hole if left so would need to be a good fee. But no one is offering 15 million for him.

27 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Anybody with a brain would jump at 10 mil for a player who doesn’t really do much 

Think this is a bit harsh. Was our most consistent performer last season and one player capable of pulling a goal out of nothing.

Not had the best start but he is a quality player

• Thanks 1

Just now, mrrodge said:

Think this is a bit harsh. Was our most consistent performer last season and one player capable of pulling a goal out of nothing.

Not had the best start but he is a quality player

He’s been really poor throughout 2019. He’s not awful but he’s weak and drifts and and out of games . I wouldn’t miss him if he departed and not would the team imo 

I hope and think that by January we will have Harris and Reach established as our two first-choice wingers. 

At that point I think he will be worth 12-15m, and dependent on whether we are in the hunt for promotion it would be a tough call to sell or keep.

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

Reports today saying Benfica had a £10m+ offer for Reach turned down in the summer and are preparing a further bid in January. 

Could we get more than £10m for a player touted on here as a future England left winger? 

A future what?

lol

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

27 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Has one real asset in his locker. His long range shooting. that is what made him stand out last season and get him noticed just like the raw pace of Daniel James got him noticed. Difference is James's pace is there every single time he plays Reachs long range shooting ain't.

I have said for some time on here that Reach is the only real asset we have, money wise. So if we can get anywhere near 10-15m for him considering James almost went to Leeds for 7m. Then it is an absolute no brainer.

Thats right. One asset only.

Oh, and crossing, stamina, energy, speed over 50 yards, goals and attitude.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Thats right. One asset only.

Oh, and crossing, stamina, energy, speed over 50 yards, goals and attitude.

You know what I mean. Without them long range goals. Benfica ain't interested.  Without James's pace he isnt at united.

Of course he has other attributes which is why he constantly gets picked even though the goals have dried up.