Winnall Movement

Guest addedtime

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Whilst the cross was great, it’s only as good as the person on the other end of it. If Winnal doesn’t lose his marker, doesn’t move into that spot etc, it’s just a good ball into a dangerous area that gets left to go out of play.

thought he drifted off his market into the space well and the finish was sublime. He played great IMO, also put a good cross / cut back in that I think Reach should have done better on, and won ball back few times from their defense. Weird how some on here don’t rate him at all. 

I’ve never understood why some of our fans didn’t think he could be a very good striker in this division given a good run (which he’s never had).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Whilst the cross was great, it’s only as good as the person on the other end of it. If Winnal doesn’t lose his marker, doesn’t move into that spot etc, it’s just a good ball into a dangerous area that gets left to go out of play.

thought he drifted off his market into the space well and the finish was sublime. He played great IMO, also put a good cross / cut back in that I think Reach should have done better on, and won ball back few times from their defense. Weird how some on here don’t rate him at all. 

I'm Winnall-sceptic, or have been. Haven't rated him simply because he hasn't particularly looked the part since coming here. Simple as that, really. I thought it was a cracking goal, and hope very much he's now on an upward curve for us. 

3 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I'm Winnall-sceptic, or have been. Haven't rated him simply because he hasn't particularly looked the part since coming here. Simple as that, really. I thought it was a cracking goal, and hope very much he's now on an upward curve for us. 

It was more the ‘never been a player’ type comments despite him at time of purchase being the highest scoring forward in the calendar year. I’d agree though with a run of games or even run of sub appearances I think he’d build up a bit more momentum than his current one outing every 5/6 type involvement.   

Edited by Philb125

21 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It was more the ‘never been a player’ type comments despite him at time of purchase being the highest scoring forward in the calendar year. I’d agree though with a run of games or even run of sub appearances I think he’d build up a bit more momentum than his current one outing every 5/6 type involvement.   

Exactly, though it’s obviously the same for any striker but I’ve always had a feeling, Winnall would benefit more than most.

I get the impression he needs to feel he’s valued to perform, but when he does he’s a goal scorer.

On 16/09/2019 at 03:19, Mycroft said:

Bannan put it on a plate for him, if he hadn't have got that on target he would have rightly castigated on here.   He did place it nicely though.

That's a bit of a backhanded compliment, surely positioning had something to do with it as well...