Keiren Westwood - A genuine star

I never knew Dave but do know his wife and therefore in the Facebook way felt I knew Dave, he 'friended' me just days ago.

Through stories and photos his wife posted I saw him being an amazing family man, sorting boots out for the whole of his sons football team, plus general family events. What I didn't know from the voyeuristic view I had of his life was that he had cancer, at least not until very recently.

This struck me more than anything else, it seemed he didn't want attention, he didn't want sympathy, he wanted only to be a husband and father and be the best he could at that in terrible circumstances.

It hit me hard when I first heard the news, so sad when anyone passes away too soon and leaves young children, but I felt a hurt more personal than just empathy towards anothers situation. For someone I never knew. He seemed such a great guy.

I hope his family, and mostly his son can take some comfort from the messages from the club and Keiran in particular.

RIP

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Nath83 said:

Just wanted to post this to recognise what absolute star and true gent we have in Keiren Westwood.
On Wednesday, a lifelong friend of mine, Dave Holden, lost his short battle with Cancer.
Dave was a huge Wednesdayite and did a huge amount for the club, as do his family with the disability group, SODA.
Keiren learnt of Dave's battle and went to visit him in hospital. Instead of a token brief visit, he spent over 2 hours with Dave, talking all things Wednesday. This meant a huge amount to Dave.
He's obviously kept Dave in his thoughts, putting a heart felt message out on the day he died and then dedicating the clean sheet and today's victory to Dave.

The guy is such a fantastic down to earth person and knows what it means to be part of the Wednesday family. Can not thank him enough.

IMG_20190915_191643.jpg

IMG_20190915_191628.jpg

2 hours ago, Nath83 said:

Just wanted to post this to recognise what absolute star and true gent we have in Keiren Westwood.
On Wednesday, a lifelong friend of mine, Dave Holden, lost his short battle with Cancer.
Dave was a huge Wednesdayite and did a huge amount for the club, as do his family with the disability group, SODA.
Keiren learnt of Dave's battle and went to visit him in hospital. Instead of a token brief visit, he spent over 2 hours with Dave, talking all things Wednesday. This meant a huge amount to Dave.
He's obviously kept Dave in his thoughts, putting a heart felt message out on the day he died and then dedicating the clean sheet and today's victory to Dave.

The guy is such a fantastic down to earth person and knows what it means to be part of the Wednesday family. Can not thank him enough.

IMG_20190915_191643.jpg

IMG_20190915_191628.jpg

Did Dave work for John Lewis? I’m sure he came to my house a few years ago to measure some new curtains. We had a good chat about Wednesday. If Dave was the same man he seemed a lovely guy. RIP fellow Owl.

3 hours ago, Nath83 said:

IMG_20190915_191643.jpg

IMG_20190915_191628.jpg

Surely you have this wrong, didn't a local journalist report he was trouble and our third choice dur to his terrible attitude.

Sarcasm aside the lad is a bloody gent, not to mention the best keeper in the league.

15 hours ago, Nath83 said:

IMG_20190915_191643.jpg

IMG_20190915_191628.jpg