Keiren Westwood - A genuine star

1 minute ago, Nath83 said:

Just wanted to post this to recognise what absolute star and true gent we have in Keiren Westwood.
On Wednesday, a lifelong friend of mine, Dave Holden, lost his short battle with Cancer.
Dave was a huge Wednesdayite and did a huge amount for the club, as do his family with the disability group, SODA.
Keiren learnt of Dave's battle and went to visit him in hospital. Instead of a token brief visit, he spent over 2 hours with Dave, talking all things Wednesday. This meant a huge amount to Dave.
He's obviously kept Dave in his thoughts, putting a heart felt message out on the day he died and then dedicating the clean sheet and today's victory to Dave.

The guy is such a fantastic down to earth person and knows what it means to be part of the Wednesday family. Can not thank him enough.

IMG_20190915_191643.jpg

IMG_20190915_191628.jpg

Tragic news about your mate but this kind of stuff ought to be shared and thanks for doing so. Some players are really big hearted and KW is clearly one of them. 

• Like 5

First and foremost, condolences for the loss of your friend @Nath83.  

Secondly, it’s nice to see our players (in this case KW but I know many others who do similar) being more than just be footballers who benefit from the lifestyle the game affords them but actually give something back.  

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Like 2

Had a minutes silence for him at his son's game today at Milmoor Juniors when they played us.

What a brave lad playing so soon after his fathers passing

RIP Dave

I didn't know Dave but went to school with his wife Michelle. I know she's really appreciated the gestures from Kieren and the youth teams today. I hear Lucas may be claiming an assist today, despite playing in goal.

Condolences and love to family and friends of Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1