Post Match Monk - Huddersfield

9 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

spot on bud,Udders were better than us but we put the ball in the net..

I wouldn't say they were better than us. They had spells. We had spells.

I think we'll see more improvement too as he gets to work with the players.

I'd take a 2-0 win in every away game! 

• Haha 1

We had a good shape and they didn’t create any chances bar one which was a good attempt.

I don’t like how we are playing to be honest. I’d like us to have more control and direction and I want us to look better. At the moment, we don’t look a top 6 side. However, we definitely deserved to win the game today - we had the better chances and whilst they had more possession, they were pretty clueless with it. 

Guest Theboylangers
19 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

In parts, especially first half I'd agree with this.

But we had a 15 minute spell around 70 minutes where, with a bit more composure, we could have had another 2 goals. 

12 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Bang on the money.

No way we should be settling for midtable whilst paying some of the highest ticket prices in the country.

You can expect whatever you want.

As stated, we haven’t been promoted to the top flight since 1991. We had a net transfer spend in the summer of minus 7 million quid, and have finished midtable last two seasons with this squad.

we are nowhere near good enough to go up. And far too good to go down.

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

You can expect whatever you want.

As stated, we haven’t been promoted to the top flight since 1991. We had a net transfer spend in the summer of minus 7 million quid, and have finished midtable last two seasons with this squad.

we are nowhere near good enough to go up. And far too good to go down.

In your opinion...

I quite like how Monk comes across in the post match interview. Seems to have a clear picture of what he wants and also how he’s going to go about it. Really hope he can fire the players up and get us playing with plenty of confidence. He’s obviously no fool; hopefully he’ll surprise a few of us and make a real fist of the opportunity.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I wouldn't say they were better than us. They had spells. We had spells.

I think we'll see more improvement too as he gets to work with the players.

I'd take a 2-0 win in every away game! 

19 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not a great spectacle. 

Rarely is these days.  

I'd be happy with being the least worst team and winning every week.

I would. 

Yep, well we weren't startlingly brilliant to say the least, but as confirmed by the short highlights reel they had no really strong chances. We were manifestly the better or least worst side.

Having the moments where you strike forensically and dare I say it at pace isn't some add on to the assessment of who was best. It is what defines who is best. 

It beggars belief that with the funding available Huddersfield have allowed themselves to become so awful. 

2 hours ago, Brando17 said:

Huddersfield were absolutely nowhere near us, I’ll grant you they had a couple of spells that I would expect from any home side, but overall better than us ?  Nowhere near 

45 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Huddersfield were absolutely nowhere near us, I’ll grant you they had a couple of spells that I would expect from any home side, but overall better than us ?  Nowhere near 

Agreed. Don’t know how any one who actually watched the game can say they were the better side. They were very very poor.