Post Match Monk - Huddersfield

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

• There will be ups and downs I won't get carried away after one game. It's nice to get a good start in what was a tricky game. But it is one game.

• There's lots of work to be done. Pleased with the win, and delighted for the players. But there are things to do. There's still plenty to do. But happy when a win and a clean sheet, but we need to build from here, lots of hard work to be done.

Level headed look at it.  Too easy for folks to get carried away.

Fulham will be a different game again. 

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Yeah Murphy looked like he was struggling 

I’ve a feeling Monk is the bloke who’s gonna put an arm around FF and if he gets him back upto speed Murphy won’t keep him out long 

3 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Some loan players have a " can't be arsed' look about them. 

He's here for the season so really needs to buck his ideas up or he's a waste.

Maybe GM can get him playing better.

He needs to buck his ideas up, can't see monk being a soft touch. 

19 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

WBA fans said Murphy was poor. Starting to see it now. Hope Monk turns it around, that place is Forestieri's the moment he is back otherwise.

Yep thought he was crap too. Shame because he has pace which we need but lacking in other areas. 

Huddersfield were decent out wide, I like the look of their left back for instance, an absolute pain in the arse all game.

Murphy didn't have a great game but I think that them being strong out wide had a bearing on his own performance.

I don't actually think we played that well at all to be honest which is why i'm delighted with two very good basic goals, gutted that Palmer didn't get an assist for Fletcher though, he usually goes to pieces further up the field and that was a great surge forward from him and cross on his weaker foot.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Huddersfield were decent out wide, I like the look of their left back for instance, an absolute pain in the arse all game.

Murphy didn't have a great game but I think that them being strong out wide had a bearing on his own performance.

I don't actually think we played that well at all to be honest which is why i'm delighted with two very good basic goals, gutted that Palmer didn't get an assist for Fletcher though, he usually goes to pieces further up the field and that was a great surge forward from him and cross on his weaker foot.

Tbf it looked like a shot from where I was standing. 

A nice solid start. Monk will know deep down we are mid table fodder this season  and so is rightly managing expectations. We are beating teams who are struggling and losing to the better ones . That i suspect will be the story of our season.  A very relaxing and enjoyable season awaits.

The key is to nurse the squad through the season, bin the oldies and hopalongs and continue to get younger fitter players in the squad.

37 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

A nice solid start. Monk will know deep down we are mid table fodder this season  and so is rightly managing expectations. We are beating teams who are struggling and losing to the better ones . That i suspect will be the story of our season.  A very relaxing and enjoyable season awaits.

The key is to nurse the squad through the season, bin the oldies and hopalongs and continue to get younger fitter players in the squad.

Doesn't sound relaxing and enjoyable to me. Sounds frustrating and boring! Hoping for at least a play-off push myself.

Any win in the Championship, especially away to local rivals, ought to be received gleefully. No it wasn't perfect but it was considerably better than our last one against QPR. Murphy was poor, Odabadjo suspect at RB but in general the team did well IMO. Given that GM has only been here a week I'm happy.

• Like 1

Didn’t change much.

Stopped Hutch dropping too deep.

Fox probably unlucky to be dropped.

We worked hard for him which is a plus.

Heavily involved on the touch line, adjusting things and giving players instructions. I like to see this from a manager.

What will he have learnt.

Not to play Reach in that position.

Rarely touched the ball for 60 mins.

Murphy has to improve  and doesn’t put the effort in that Monk will require.

Talks about the formation changing and being flexible which will be interesting because we ain’t got a formation that works for us yet

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Doesn't sound relaxing and enjoyable to me. Sounds frustrating and boring! Hoping for at least a play-off push myself.

You need to get the zen mindset. Think about the journey not the destination. Just enjoy each game. We haven’t been promoted to the top flight for nearly 30 years. No point getting all tensed up and frustrated about it. 

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

spot on bud,Udders were better than us but we put the ball in the net..