Winnall relief

59 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No he wasn't.

PS we fu***n won. Did you notice?

Is there some unwritten rule that a win isn't complete without some morons trying to find some negatives or scapegoats?

Didn't hear a single negative behind the goal today, everyone was buzzing. Come on here & same old, same old bull sh*t.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

odubajo has yet to have a good game for us though - i can’t help it if that makes you upset - it’s just my opinion. 

5 hours ago, prowl said:

Took the goal well but doesn't look half the player he was at Barnsley. Instincts are there but the body can't react fast enough. Probably needs more game time to get proper fitness.

Apart from the goal I thought he was like a fish out of water. I wish him well, if he can get back to what he was he can provide the cutting edge we need. A goal today can't do his confidence any harm.

Could that be because he hasn’t been playing - Winnall could still be a very good  striker given a decent run which will help rebuild his confidence.

41 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Could that be because he hasn’t been playing - Winnall could still be a very good  striker given a decent run which will help rebuild his confidence.

Absolutely. He's been a decent striker at this level so there's no reason he can't be as good or better in the future. Rotten luck with the injury and never really had a chance since. Bit's here and there and no match fitness, He probably needs half a dozen full games to get sharp.

People were praising him for today's performance, I thought he took the goal well, proves the instincts are still there but he still looks rusty as hell to me, which is only to be expected. If other people thought he was superb then that's ok, I didn't I thought he was rusty.

If he can get back to his best he could be just what we need, a striker who can put the ball away and take the pressure off Fletcher.

6 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Played well, if we're going to persist with 442 I'd start him with Fletch

what before Nuhui !!!! deffo pal think him and Fletch are miles in front of anything else we have available,thought Reach was poor today when put in a couple of excellent positions.

1 hour ago, stevie snerklebox said:

For the first time in his entire Wednesday career, I actually think that he made a difference to us when he came on (goal or no). Long may it continue!

I liked the look of him under Carlos, but he typically only got short cameos, and no matter how well he did never got a proper a look-in

Apart from Lees for Iorfa when he's back I'd say the team that finished that game yesterday is our current strongest and should start v fulham

Westwood

Odujabo Lees Borner Palmer

Reach Bannan Hutch Harris

Fletcher Winall 

On 15/09/2019 at 14:04, prowl said:

Took the goal well but doesn't look half the player he was at Barnsley. Instincts are there but the body can't react fast enough. Probably needs more game time to get proper fitness.

Apart from the goal I thought he was like a fish out of water. I wish him well, if he can get back to what he was he can provide the cutting edge we need. A goal today can't do his confidence any harm.

Thought he was decidedly rusty before the goal but hugely better afterwards. Every touch and pass he made was superb.

Guest Grez Bez
3 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Apart from Lees for Iorfa when he's back I'd say the team that finished that game yesterday is our current strongest and should start v fulham

Westwood

Fletcher Winall 

Personally I'd swap Hutch for Lee or Luongo

On 15/09/2019 at 14:29, Jack the Hat said:

Looked a different player to the Luton match. He can head a ball so is the natural foil/ replacement for Fletcher when we play with wingers. Exciting times! Nuhui looked gods as well .

Don't see him as a replacement for Fletcher. He’s 5’9”. Good headed goal today attacking an accurate whipped  cross from Bannan but won’t win much in the air with his back to goal. Played himself into pole position to play alongside Fletch in a front two though

6 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Westwood

Fletcher Winall 

Think the current squad has different strengths giving GM options to play different systems against different opposition. For what it’s worth my choices would be:

4-4-2

Westwood

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

Reach Hutch Lees Harris

Fletcher Rhodes

4-2-3-1

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner Reach

Hutch Luongo 

Fessi Bannan Harris

Fletcher

4-3-3

Westwood

Odubajo Iorfa Borner Palmer

Lee Hutch Luongo

Fessi Fletcher Harris

Winnal showed the sort of the passion when he scored that you would expect a lifelong fan to when scoring for Wednesday and long may it continue, that goal and his performance should at least get his foot in the door now.

What we fail to understand as fans is he's what 28? and barely played in 2 years, he must be worried for his career and it showed in his celebration, you can't buy passion like that, some footballers couldn't give a to$$ if they ever played again (Abdi, Jeffers) he clearly wants to play and score.

On 16/09/2019 at 20:15, LSOwls said:

Personally I'd swap Hutch for Lee or Luongo

disagree. you not see his stats from Sunday? he was our highest rating player of everything pretty much, tackles won, passes completed etc, he's very important and vital for the protection of our back 4