Winnall relief

Winnall did well for Derby before his injury, confidence is a huge thing for footballers, especially so strikers.

GM speaks about the importance of playing with confidence, let's hope he can get Sam playing to his full potential and we'll see the best of him.

There is a space to fill now João has gone, fingers crossed he takes the opportunity 

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Played very well when he came on. Alongside Odubajo’s performance, they are the big pluses today.

Odubajo was dire.

he’s not had a good game yet.

3 hours ago, prowl said:

Took the goal well but doesn't look half the player he was at Barnsley. Instincts are there but the body can't react fast enough. Probably needs more game time to get proper fitness.

Apart from the goal I thought he was like a fish out of water. I wish him well, if he can get back to what he was he can provide the cutting edge we need. A goal today can't do his confidence any harm.

Think you must have watched a different game to me mate. 

2nd half when we were attacking towards our end, he was hugely influential. Not only the goal but the one two's, his hustling & bustling, general play caused them massive problems.

As for his body not reacting fast enough??? Seemed to react 'fast enough' for the glancing gem of a header.

54 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Odubajo was dire.

he’s not had a good game yet.

No he wasn't.

PS we fu***n won. Did you notice?

Is there some unwritten rule that a win isn't complete without some morons trying to find some negatives or scapegoats?

Didn't hear a single negative behind the goal today, everyone was buzzing. Come on here & same old, same old bull sh*t.

4 hours ago, prowl said:

Took the goal well but doesn't look half the player he was at Barnsley. Instincts are there but the body can't react fast enough. Probably needs more game time to get proper fitness.

Apart from the goal I thought he was like a fish out of water. I wish him well, if he can get back to what he was he can provide the cutting edge we need. A goal today can't do his confidence any harm.

Not surprising, don’t  think he’s played a full game at this level for well over a year. 

Needs games now to get fully up to speed but will have to keep scoring to make the match day squad.

• Like 1