Jump to content
ANDY

Do Sky dislike us ??

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

 

Tell her to go shopping on her own...

You've never met Mrs Bonvin...I'm too scared to tell her:unsure:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I have a dilemma today. Mrs Bonvin is dragging me out shopping when the match is on. Do I risk having BBC goal alerts on (although when I've done this in the past we seldom win) or alternatively spend the whole 90 minutes checking phone constantly, thus ignoring her saying how nice yet another set of bedding and curtains look and inadvertently agree to spending loads of money on new floral patterned accessories. What do I do?

 

You still have time to get to the game someone in a pub will have a spare ticket. Go man Go remember you wear the trousers, this is your moment.

 

If you bottle it I'd suggest this, goes with most things and the women like that sort of thing.

 

image.png.fec4cc154d51b286777bab3581d3d65e.png 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I have a dilemma today. Mrs Bonvin is dragging me out shopping when the match is on. Do I risk having BBC goal alerts on (although when I've done this in the past we seldom win) or alternatively spend the whole 90 minutes checking phone constantly, thus ignoring her saying how nice yet another set of bedding and curtains look and inadvertently agree to spending loads of money on new floral patterned accessories. What do I do?

Man up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

 

You still have time to get to the game someone in a pub will have a spare ticket. Go man Go remember you wear the trousers, this is your moment.

 

If you bottle it I'd suggest this, goes with most things and the women like that sort of thing.

 

image.png.fec4cc154d51b286777bab3581d3d65e.png 

 

Thanks for that.  She's just seen your post. Loves that bedspread. Wants to know where you got it from...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Thanks for that.  She's just seen your post. Loves that bedspread. Wants to know where you got it from...

 

Good grief man your British it's obviously from Marks and Spencer.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, back on topic. Who cares if Sky don't like us. Judging by many posts on here about Sky, a lot of our fanbase dislike them too and I doubt they could give a 's-ite traffic" about it.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Kind of simple really... Huddersfield were in the Premier League last season, we haven't been in the Premier League since the very beginning of this millenium. Might be uncomfortable for y'all, but that means Huddersfield have a higher reputation than us. About a fifth of today's TV audience probably weren't alive the last time we were in the Premier League. Plus, Sky's little previews have a character limit... if they have to choose between giving a quick 8 word addition to the base description and they have something to say about Wednesday or Huddersfield... well as I explained above, they're going to choose Huddersfield every time. Moreso because they're at home, so the first team name that everyone sees.

 

Or, you can take the victim mentality and postulate that Sky hate us. Whatever floats your boat. I just know which one I think sounds the more sensible/likely explanation. 

Think it's simpler than that. Huddersfield is the home team so take top billing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I have a dilemma today. Mrs Bonvin is dragging me out shopping when the match is on. Do I risk having BBC goal alerts on (although when I've done this in the past we seldom win) or alternatively spend the whole 90 minutes checking phone constantly, thus ignoring her saying how nice yet another set of bedding and curtains look and inadvertently agree to spending loads of money on new floral patterned accessories. What do I do?

Mrs Rev always lets me watch the game if there's any sort of conflict of interest.

What you need is a relative to watch it with.

For me it's either father-son bonding with my son or father-son time with my dad or like today all three generations watching match together.

Family outranks soft furnishings.

Either that or throw a sickie, putting your foot down is a non-starter. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, darra said:

Think it's simpler than that. Huddersfield is the home team so take top billing.

Yep that's Sam on BBC sports App.

When you follow the SWFC page you see that the home team get top billing even on what's supposed to be our BBC homepage.

Lord Snooty does it too. You read the match day thread there's an unconscious bias towards the home team.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

The last time I got sent a message this arousing is when I had a girlfriend

have you still not got one , I told you to hide the fluffy pink  handcuffs till after the first date   ,lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ANDY said:

67AA281C-F171-4EC3-A535-7E8A71DDE749.jpeg

 

I think we've come out of that extremely well. 

 

"Hud" is only 18.75% of "Huddersfield Town".

"Sheffield W" is a whopping 55.56% of "Sheffield Wednesday"

 

Sky don't dislike us.

 

 

 

They f**king love us.

image.png.eb0a36252503d1e12d562e40e5c0a775.png

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ANDY said:

No mention of it being Garry Monks first game. 

 

 

67AA281C-F171-4EC3-A535-7E8A71DDE749.jpeg

Even I dislike us sometimes! (For about 20 mins)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't dislike us...

 

They just don't give a crap about us right now.

 

Unless you are pushing for promotion/tipped for promotion or one of their darlings (Leeds), then Sky don't really give a throw.

 

Heck, on the opening graphic for their EFL coverage, some clubs have their manager, star player shown, whilst others don't. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't draw the conclusion that Sky have any kind of issue with us, and how we're billed on the Sky TV Guide is probably not indicative of much, but even from a neutral's point of view, it's unquestionably sloppy to summarise a game in which both teams' managers are taking charge for their first game as a game between two teams one of which has a new manager.

 

After all, if that a team has a new manager is deemed to be a point of interest to an armchair fan, then surely that both teams of new managers would be even more so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure I just witnessed loads of positive stuff said about our squad, describing Bannan as the best player in the league, about the fact we are a sleeping giant and Monk will have us in the playoffs. There’s more important things to worry about in life, for example, why does 0% Bavaria smell like Ovaltine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

That's a bit Extreme.

 

Not as extreme as sky not mentioning it been Gary Monk’s first game in charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ANDY said:

No mention of it being Garry Monks first game. 

 

 

67AA281C-F171-4EC3-A535-7E8A71DDE749.jpeg

Funny when fans get all sensitive about stuff like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's astonishing that people worry about such things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I have a dilemma today. Mrs Bonvin is dragging me out shopping when the match is on. Do I risk having BBC goal alerts on (although when I've done this in the past we seldom win) or alternatively spend the whole 90 minutes checking phone constantly, thus ignoring her saying how nice yet another set of bedding and curtains look and inadvertently agree to spending loads of money on new floral patterned accessories. What do I do?

 

 

Divorce sounds like a feasible answer to this conundrum, FFS lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Kind of simple really... Huddersfield were in the Premier League last season, we haven't been in the Premier League since the very beginning of this millenium. Might be uncomfortable for y'all, but that means Huddersfield have a higher reputation than us. About a fifth of today's TV audience probably weren't alive the last time we were in the Premier League. Plus, Sky's little previews have a character limit... if they have to choose between giving a quick 8 word addition to the base description and they have something to say about Wednesday or Huddersfield... well as I explained above, they're going to choose Huddersfield every time. Moreso because they're at home, so the first team name that everyone sees.

 

Or, you can take the victim mentality and postulate that Sky hate us. Whatever floats your boat. I just know which one I think sounds the more sensible/likely explanation. 

 

The home advantage and the side dropping out of the PL are likely to have impacted on what was previewed within the character limit.

 

Think the Cowley's being the big new story and them being the managers of the moment also had a lot to do with how the build up has been portrayed this week. They were the main focus of football focus as well outside the PL.

 

Glad Monk quietly went about his business and enabled us to produce a professional away display that deservedly won us the points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...