Huddersfield - V - Wednesday OMDT

27 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

That was a tricky test and we did well with a improvised side 

Monk will take a lot from that game 

He recognised Murphy was a problem and acted , dont think we will see him starting many this season depending on injuries . 

Had the wingers working back from the kick off helping the fullbacks 

Baz and Hutch gave us a buffer in front of defence and Fletch was outstanding 

Pleased for Winnall as well , he put himself about well 

Not going to lie Odubajo and Iorfa frighten me to death but we should have Lees back for next game 

Odubajo frightened me as well, but he grew into it, and fair play to him for coming back with a decent performance after those mistakes he made

54 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

2-0 away from home.

I'd take that every week.

52 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You can't..but I like the sentiment..

The clue is in the wording. It is possible, if you use magic!

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I understand that "I'd" is a shortened form of "I would"...You must see that celebrating away wins on a weekly basis has no future..

The "I'd" makes that point irrelevant, if you don't understand that then how about the "every week" relates to every week there is an away match...

4 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

The "I'd" makes that point irrelevant, if you don't understand that then how about the "every week" relates to every week there is an away match...

If you have every other week off from work depending on whether we're home or away..how would your employer appreciate your interpretation of "every week"  ?

42 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Of course we have things to work on, the manager has only been here a week.

To produce an away performance like that when the focus was on the home side having a big lift with the trendy new managers coming in was just what we needed. Yes they are in dire form but these are the types of games we simply haven't turned up for many times in the recent past.

We reduced them to hardly any clear cut chances, took our chances well and in the end could have put more of a gloss on it. 

Murphy was under performing and Monk took him off at the right time and made the right change in bringing Winnall on in his place and moving Reach wide. 

That'll do me for a start to his reign.

Agree. Before the game there was the stats about how poor form Udders were in and this losing streak, usually typical Wednesday would have been the club to put that right for other teams, we usually have the habit of endings others clubs poor form. Hopefully this is the start of something different. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Murphy was under performing and Monk took him off at the right time and made the right change in bringing Winnall on in his place and moving Reach wide. 

That'll do me for a start to his reign.

Looked much more balanced imo. Anyone else beginning to think that Murphy is going to turn out as another false dawn?

1 minute ago, pussface said:

Looked much more balanced imo. Anyone else beginning to think that Murphy is going to turn out as another false dawn?

Certainly needs to offer more otherwise he will be spending a lot of time on the bench at best. The one he crossed into the stand behind the goal in the first half after we put a decent move together and found him with space and time to do something was a particular lowlight and he didn't seem to look that surprised or disappointed by the quality of his delivery.

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Certainly needs to offer more otherwise he will be spending a lot of time on the bench at best. The one he crossed into the stand behind the goal in the first half after we put a decent move together and found him with space and time to do something was a particular lowlight and he didn't seem to look that surprised or disappointed by the quality of his delivery.

Hmm a bit of a poor man’s Theo Walcott, obviously relies on instinct rather than pondering options.

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I understand that "I'd" is a shortened form of "I would"...You must see that celebrating away wins on a weekly basis has no future..

Be very careful not to be so picky come the Spring.

Beware the I’ds of March.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1