Sam Winnall

IMO a player can just be in the right places at the right time more often than not for a season maybe two at a push and get signed up like Winnall did I don't think there's any underlining feature of his game thats particularly impressive apart from his goal scoring instincts and that's not been tuned for a long time now we should never have signed him, basically signed off a seasons worth of decent form over attributes n we need to move away from that..JR is much more interesting a prospect if you ask me I've still not wrote him off completely like I have SW 

What a missed opportunity the January 2017 transfer window was.  As a club, we are still recovering from it now.

We were in the top 6 going into January.  We needed recruits to strengthen our promotion push.

We signed McManaman on loan, who hardly played much; pointless signing.

The three players that we ended up signing permanently were Rhodes, Winnall and Fox.  We certainly haven’t seen a good return on our investment from any of those three players and we’ve spent the last 3 years hoping some other club will be daft enough to pay us to take them off our hands.

10 hours ago, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

It’s now or never for him as far as his SWFC career is concerned. Everyime

a new manager has come in he’s not seemed to be in favour, some will say a pattern has occurred and it’s his attitude etc.

When he first came in under Carlos from the Dingles he’d scored 11 in 22 in the champ not a bad record at all. Did well

on his debut against Hudds scored his first against Brum on Friday night on sky but after that never seemed to get a look

in and was left out of the 16 quite a lot which at the time i thought was quite strange. Started last game of season against Fulham in the 2015/2016 season when we made loads of changes and scored. Crying out for a goal against Hudds in play offs In ET Nuhiu comes on instead. 

Dont get me wrong I’ve seen him

since and his perfomances haven’t been great at all and i understand why he hasn’t been in the team but I believe he can score goals and maybe he’s a confidence player, just needs an arm around him like Rowett did at Derby and he scored goals.

Maybe Garry can be that man?

Cant see what Winnall offers? Same with Rhodes..no pace, no strength, poor first touch etc

12 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

From the brief glimpses I’ve seen, it looks like injury has destroyed his future at this level. Looked like any pace he had has totally gone. 

Don't think he's ever been blessed with pace and that's a worry cos he looks even slower now.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
14 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

From the brief glimpses I’ve seen, it looks like injury has destroyed his future at this level. Looked like any pace he had has totally gone. 

I eat my words (though he didn’t have to move too far...:ph34r:)

Changed the game today. Would argue any striker coming on for Murphy would help but he linked up well and did well for the goal. Was a bit stark his lack of pace now but as a link up player he gives a different option. Pleased for him, had a nightmare 2 years.

Interesting that he was chosen over Rhodes too, suprises me but looks like Monk may not rate Rhodes either.

Edited by swfc-dan