Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It’s now or never for him as far as his SWFC career is concerned. Everyime

a new manager has come in he’s not seemed to be in favour, some will say a pattern has occurred and it’s his attitude etc.

 

When he first came in under Carlos from the Dingles he’d scored 11 in 22 in the champ not a bad record at all. Did well

on his debut against Hudds scored his first against Brum on Friday night on sky but after that never seemed to get a look

in and was left out of the 16 quite a lot which at the time i thought was quite strange. Started last game of season against Fulham in the 2015/2016 season when we made loads of changes and scored. Crying out for a goal against Hudds in play offs In ET Nuhiu comes on instead. 

 

Dont get me wrong I’ve seen him

since and his perfomances haven’t been great at all and i understand why he hasn’t been in the team but I believe he can score goals and maybe he’s a confidence player, just needs an arm around him like Rowett did at Derby and he scored goals.

 

Maybe Garry can be that man?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liked what I saw of Winnall in those first few appearances. Think he suffered due to the signing of Rhodes. Neither player has really done it for us. 

 

Would like to see if Monk can get something out of Winnall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Liked what I saw of Winnall in those first few appearances. Think he suffered due to the signing of Rhodes. Neither player has really done it for us. 

 

Would like to see if Monk can get something out of Winnall. 

I forgot to mention in my post that the signing of Rhodes didn’t help him. If JR didn’t sign we might have seen more

of SW and maybe he’d had thrived more. Who knows? 

 

My original post can apply to JR as well

to be fair.

 

Edited by MichaelSwfc1867
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think it's fair to say lady luck as not gone his or the clubs  way …….we and he  could have cashed in big time  if it hadn't been injured while he was doing well  at derby .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the brief glimpses I’ve seen, it looks like injury has destroyed his future at this level. Looked like any pace he had has totally gone. 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, doesn’t look like a footballer to me Doesn’t have even the basic skills

  • Agree 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

It’s now or never for him as far as his SWFC career is concerned. Everyime

a new manager has come in he’s not seemed to be in favour, some will say a pattern has occurred and it’s his attitude etc.

 

When he first came in under Carlos from the Dingles he’d scored 11 in 22 in the champ not a bad record at all. Did well

on his debut against Hudds scored his first against Brum on Friday night on sky but after that never seemed to get a look

in and was left out of the 16 quite a lot which at the time i thought was quite strange. Started last game of season against Fulham in the 2015/2016 season when we made loads of changes and scored. Crying out for a goal against Hudds in play offs In ET Nuhiu comes on instead. 

 

Dont get me wrong I’ve seen him

since and his perfomances haven’t been great at all and i understand why he hasn’t been in the team but I believe he can score goals and maybe he’s a confidence player, just needs an arm around him like Rowett did at Derby and he scored goals.

 

Maybe Garry can be that man?

I posted earlier on the monk thread. 

Harry had a knack of turning misfiring strikers into goal scoring machines. 

Look at bony at Swansea. 

Wood the donkey at Leeds. 

Che Adams at Birmingham all found great goalscoring form under monk. 

Really hope he can work his magic with Sam more than anyone, as I think he's probably out of Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes the most likely successor /backup for Fletcher. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

From the brief glimpses I’ve seen, it looks like injury has destroyed his future at this level. Looked like any pace he had has totally gone. 

My feelings too, looked a shadow of the player he was since he came back from injury. Of course, playing him in midfield and on the wing didn't help 

 

It's the wednesday way to have two proven goalscorers of the calibre of winnall and Rhodes in the squad, neither of whom can get a game never mind buy a goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I posted earlier on the monk thread. 

Harry had a knack of turning misfiring strikers into goal scoring machines. 

Look at bony at Swansea. 

Wood the donkey at Leeds. 

Che Adams at Birmingham all found great goalscoring form under monk. 

Really hope he can work his magic with Sam more than anyone, as I think he's probably out of Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes the most likely successor /backup for Fletcher. 

 

If anyone can sort him out Harry Munk can!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce couldn’t so not confident Monk will either.

 

it's a good point re Rhodes - if we had just signed Winnall he could have had a real go but in classic Wednesday fashion we made a mess and managed to get pretty much zero out of both signings.

 

..it was symptomatic if the transfer policy at that time - shambolic.

 

Be interesting to see what Monk does with these two.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the worst players we have ever seen

 

I would sue him for being tug.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

It’s now or never for him as far as his SWFC career is concerned. Everyime

a new manager has come in he’s not seemed to be in favour, some will say a pattern has occurred and it’s his attitude etc.

 

When he first came in under Carlos from the Dingles he’d scored 11 in 22 in the champ not a bad record at all. Did well

on his debut against Hudds scored his first against Brum on Friday night on sky but after that never seemed to get a look

in and was left out of the 16 quite a lot which at the time i thought was quite strange. Started last game of season against Fulham in the 2015/2016 season when we made loads of changes and scored. Crying out for a goal against Hudds in play offs In ET Nuhiu comes on instead. 

 

Dont get me wrong I’ve seen him

since and his perfomances haven’t been great at all and i understand why he hasn’t been in the team but I believe he can score goals and maybe he’s a confidence player, just needs an arm around him like Rowett did at Derby and he scored goals.

 

Maybe Garry can be that man?

It’s never...end of thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t think of any circumstances I would bring him on ahead of our other two available strikers, Nuhiu or Rhodes. Can’t even see him making the bench very often.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

From the brief glimpses I’ve seen, it looks like injury has destroyed his future at this level. Looked like any pace he had has totally gone. 

Thanks Derby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had his best game for us against Barnsley at Oakwell when he scored then he didn’t start another game that season apart from the last game against Fulham which I found very strange. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Thanks Derby!

 

Yes, the Derby County injury curse claims another victim.

 

If only he'd stayed at Hillsborough...

 

:ph34r:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks hungry, determined, aggressive and seems to want to work hard every time he gets the chance.

 

Sadly he just so slow, immobile and without the size or speed of thought to make u for these deficiencies. 

 

Exactly the same could be said for Rhodes, just without the aggression or apparent hunger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, torryowl said:

think it's fair to say lady luck as not gone his or the clubs  way …….we and he  could have cashed in big time  if it hadn't been injured while he was doing well  at derby .

Cashed in big time ??

He played 17 and scored 6 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...