Monks Musings

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Some teams definitely seem to see us as a soft touch

Be interesting to see if Dc let's him bring a couple in in January what sort of players he brings in, I'm expecting a couple of snarling no nonsense pitbulls at left back and central midfield having heard some of his comments. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Horse said:

He's saying all the right things and no doubt he believes in himself.

But he'll need time to get that through completely. A lot of players here with Stockholm Syndrome who will revert to negative / defensive play by default.

Hopefully we'll see a bit of a change in the right direction in the short term but excited to see how he moulds the team over a full season and two or three transfer windows.
Give him the time and I have a gut feeling he'll see us right.

Ahh a manager given time by fans and owners... hark back to a bygone era when teams sometimes lost games against better teams and that was that... we moved on and tried to win the next game...

good luck Garry Monk you could be the one to finally get it right...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'll admit I wasn't struck on him at first, but been sat watching the press conferences and interviews today and he's really beginning to look like a quality appointment. 

Speaks well, seems to have a bit of a no nonsense approach with players, but at the same time someone who will definitely have their backs when needed as well. 

I was listening to the YouTube one with the guy that supports Ipswich (reminds me so much of Allan Rickman) and he made some great points. Especially about how he seems to get the best out of strikers,bony at Swansea, wood at Leeds, Adams at Birmingham, so fingers crossed he can work wonders with the misfiring trio of Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes. 

Don't know about working wonders, he'll need to perform a miracle to get those 3 firing!

24 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Don't know about working wonders, he'll need to perform a miracle to get those 3 firing!

Turned wilf Bony into a lethal striker, which Swansea sold for an absolute fortune. 

Made the formally derided Chris Wood lethal at Leeds and sold him for £20 million. 

Adams Hsd been crap and hardly scored, look how much he left Birmingham for. 

Even worse look where bony is now?? 

My point is he somehow knows how to get the best and goals out of the strikers at his disposal. 

We complained about Jos, but he managed to get Nuhiu firing and almost unplayable at times. 

It's a new manager that as I said I wasn't too exited about, so I'm trying to find positives bud. 

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm sure Doom will somehow manage to spin that into a negative

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PLAYERS IN MENTAL HEALTH SCARE

Garry Monk today confirmed that he will do all he can to help the players, who The Star firmly believes are currently suffering with long term mental health issues. When asked the question at the press conference today, Garry was sombre in response. "I am here to help the players through the bad times" he said.

4 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PLAYERS IN MENTAL HEALTH SCARE

Garry Monk today confirmed that he will do all he can to help the players, who The Star firmly believes are currently suffering with long term mental health issues. When asked the question at the press conference today, Garry was sombre in response. "I am here to help the players through the bad times" he said.

Honestly, that's the sort of thing I wouldn't put past them. 

14 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Turned wilf Bony into a lethal striker, which Swansea sold for an absolute fortune. 

Made the formally derided Chris Wood lethal at Leeds and sold him for £20 million. 

Adams Hsd been crap and hardly scored, look how much he left Birmingham for. 

Even worse look where bony is now?? 

My point is he somehow knows how to get the best and goals out of the strikers at his disposal. 

We complained about Jos, but he managed to get Nuhiu firing and almost unplayable at times. 

It's a new manager that as I said I wasn't too exited about, so I'm trying to find positives bud. 

No problem mate, I hope Monk can get them firing and fully support his appointment. I suppose, after watching Wednesday for many, many years, my positive tank is a trifle empty. 

14 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Honestly, that's the sort of thing I wouldn't put past them. 

I might copyright that entire piece, because it's been pretty much proven in the past they crawl OT for news. It will stop them klepping it verbatim, but don't be surprised if that actually makes it to print. lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LittleG said:

No problem mate, I hope Monk can get them firing and fully support his appointment. I suppose, after watching Wednesday for many, many years, my positive tank is a trifle empty. 

Well hopefully he's already working his magic, good goal by Sam today, love to see him finally kick on here.