Monks Musings

He’s certainly making the right noises and it’s great to hear. This part pleases me the most. 

Physicality, aggression, that mentality.Quality squads… doesn’t matter you have to apply those basics to every game, every session.  I want front foot aggressive mentality

That’s something we’ve been sadly lacking over the last few years and if he can address that then hopefully we can only get better. It’s the absolute basics of football, you cannot play your football if you can’t at least match the opposition physically. You have to earn the right to play in this division and Monk knows that. 

Edited by Sticky belly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest The Horse

He's saying all the right things and no doubt he believes in himself.

But he'll need time to get that through completely. A lot of players here with Stockholm Syndrome who will revert to negative / defensive play by default.

Hopefully we'll see a bit of a change in the right direction in the short term but excited to see how he moulds the team over a full season and two or three transfer windows.
Give him the time and I have a gut feeling he'll see us right.

19 minutes ago, The Horse said:

He's saying all the right things and no doubt he believes in himself.

But he'll need time to get that through completely. A lot of players here with Stockholm Syndrome who will revert to negative / defensive play by default.

Hopefully we'll see a bit of a change in the right direction in the short term but excited to see how he moulds the team over a full season and two or three transfer windows.
Give him the time and I have a gut feeling he'll see us right.

Might take some time. Get a few good early results though and the players start buying into your methods a lot quicker.

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Might take some time. Get a few good early results though and the players start buying into your methods a lot quicker.

Love “Monk’s musings”.

Hope you do it every week, so it becomes a Monk’s habit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sticky belly said:

He’s certainly making the right noises and it’s great to hear. This part pleases me the most. 

Physicality, aggression, that mentality.Quality squads… doesn’t matter you have to apply those basics to every game, every session.  I want front foot aggressive mentality

That’s something we’ve been sadly lacking over the last few years and if he can address that then hopefully we can only get better. It’s the absolute basics of football, you cannot play your football if you can’t at least match the opposition physically. You have to earn the right to play in this division and Monk knows that. 

Some teams definitely seem to see us as a soft touch

15 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Weren’t sure at first but he speaks well, looking forward to tomorrow. 

The thing I like is his manner. He speaks about games without any fear. 

Hopefully that rubs off on the boys and we get out there and give it the full fun. 

• Like 1

I'll admit I wasn't struck on him at first, but been sat watching the press conferences and interviews today and he's really beginning to look like a quality appointment. 

Speaks well, seems to have a bit of a no nonsense approach with players, but at the same time someone who will definitely have their backs when needed as well. 

I was listening to the YouTube one with the guy that supports Ipswich (reminds me so much of Allan Rickman) and he made some great points. Especially about how he seems to get the best out of strikers,bony at Swansea, wood at Leeds, Adams at Birmingham, so fingers crossed he can work wonders with the misfiring trio of Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes. 

• Like 1