Huddersfield Presser

Excellent interview. I think it’s a good fit for us, I really do. You can tell he’s driven and a winner and he has a firm side to him which our players need. Particularly like how he wants his teams to be aggressive and physical which is what we lack.

Make no mistake, he’s got a good record behind him, often working in difficult circumstances. 

He said the things most fans want to hear using words like physicality, aggression, adaptable.

When Wednesday teams get on the front foot and put teams under pressure the fans respond and Hillsborough becomes a tough place for away teams. Let’s hope his words translate into performances on the pitch.

I felt it was a breath of fresh air - he clearly knows that you need to be physical to win the battle against sides which is probably why his teams never lost to us!   So he clearly knows our strengths and weaknesses and won't stand for anyone being a passenger .. he wasn't afraid to leave out player at Birmingham who wasn't giving it all ... he clearly wants to be successful and put fingers up to previous clubs ... so fingers crossed...

Loved the honest answers no bull ....

I'm not really one for superstition or luck... 

Though some managers just suit a club and the environment and flourish, in the same way players do. While others are just a car crash, like abdi or jos. 

Big Ron in his first spell, Sturrock was fantastic when he came in. 

I'm really warming to the guy now, as I was admittedly unsure at first, but would give him time like I always do. 

Therefore fingers crossed from me he enjoys his time here and makes us successful. 

For me we became stale, missed that drive and ambition in the squad, so hopefully with the new signings beginning to kick on under a younger and hungry manager with a couple of reinforcements in January we can pull together in the same direction and climb the league towards the playoffs again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Image result for laura kuenssberg talking to boris johnson on park bench

He could be the greatest PM we've ever had.

If only the treacherous, remainer weasels in parliament would stop trying to sabotage their own country.

35 minutes ago, Pacific said:

If only the treacherous, remainer weasels in parliament would stop trying to sabotage their own country.

He's more likely to be the shortest serving PM we've ever had.

Telling porkies to the reigning monarch is really bad form in my book.

Edited by The Dukeries Owl

53 minutes ago, Pacific said:

Boring boring brexit. 

This is the matchday section. 

We have a politics section if you want to discuss this buffoon and others like him on both sides. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

Sorry, I know Slinger's already posted the link above, but thought I'd embed it here just for those that don't want to open up a Facebook page.

I agree with the comments. He comes across as a really smart guy, balanced with his answers and has a reassuring demeanour. Obviously he's still going to be full of vigour after only a few days, but seems to be relishing it.

Absolutely loved that interview. Think any doubters should watch that and understand that he is passionate and wanting the best. Roll on Sunday!

• Like 1