Contract expiry

Luke

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

So based on this list we will have no strikers at the club if we resign none of them. Somewhat of a very worrying stat, but I thought Rhodes had another yet of his contract.

Offering new deal Fletcher and fessi but on reduced terms, Dawson,Lee and Hutch (but to develop into a player coaching role), the rest can go for me

If JR is still here we've got nobody capable of scoring goals in the squad.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be fussed if all of them got released. 

Some good players there, but you've got to move on at some point. 

Perhaps Monks can coax something extra out of them, time will tell. 

In total agreement. Time to move on and change the squad. 

16 hours ago, torryowl said:

but it does need addressing …...what happens if Rhodes or FF suddenly hit form and start scoring for fun , 2 players who cost us north of 10 million in transfer fees and probably the same in wages could walk for free …...buying players for big fees with  fat contracts then letting them run down is a risky business . 

What happens is half of our support will show their backsides on Coles Corner if Rhodes or Forestieri start 'banging the goals in'

17 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The following players contracts end at the end of the season

J.Rhodes

F.Forestieri

S.Fletcher

S.Hutchinson

J.Pelupessy

S.Winnall

M.Fox

A.Nuhiu

C.Dawson

K.Lee

A.Baker

Obviously early days and we don't knoe who monk will favour but if the contracts was to end tomorrow ,who would you offer a new contract to ?

Purely on what they could contribute to the future of the team

I'd offer Dawson a new contract 

And fletcher (on much less wages) 

Rest could leave for me 

Well i will have a dig as well if that what its called. Tend to agree, may keep fox as well despite all the people who say hes rubbish.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

So based on this list we will have no strikers at the club if we resign none of them. Somewhat of a very worrying stat, but I thought Rhodes had another yet of his contract.

Offering new deal Fletcher and fessi but on reduced terms, Dawson,Lee and Hutch (but to develop into a player coaching role), the rest can go for me

Why, arent we able to sign other players?

5 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Lose him for a free otherwise ? He's worth money, maybe not as much as he was but a flurry of goals will change that. With his temperament not the best surely we wanna be tying him down now and then if we do want to get rid we can get a fee for him (albeit something around what we paid) or if he hits form we can demand more.

Id like to say the same for Rhodes but I just don't see him ever getting the goals. I would have gone all out to sell him in the summer but would do again in January.

We had our chance to cash in and missed it. Tough. I woildnt offer him anything. That ship has sailed.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be fussed if all of them got released. 

Some good players there, but you've got to move on at some point. 

Perhaps Monks can coax something extra out of them, time will tell. 

Think he has got quite a job on his hands. Need plenty of players come Jan.

17 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

I think it is an interesting point because if we don't extend contracts (or we don't want to), all of these players will leave for nothing. 

11 players is a lot albeit some will probably never make the first team. 

It's certainly an opportunity for Monk to clear a few out but let's not forget that most of these players are likely to have some part to play in the next 3/4 months. 

We will see but currently there aren't many I'd keep. 

I reserve the right to be fickle on this of course. 

:Chansiri:

I knew if I scrolled down a bit I'd find someone with a brain in their head.

If any of those strikers are kept on, they need to be offered at least a 50% wage reduction, due to their terrible goals returns so far. And lets be honest here, most of them would be wise to take 50%, because I cant see (m)any other clubs offering them even that much.