S.Hutchinson

J.Pelupessy

S.Winnall

M.Fox

A.Nuhiu

C.Dawson

K.Lee

A.Baker

Obviously early days and we don't knoe who monk will favour but if the contracts was to end tomorrow ,who would you offer a new contract to ?

Purely on what they could contribute to the future of the team

I'd offer Dawson a new contract 

And fletcher (on much less wages) 

Rest could leave for me 

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

The following players contracts end at the end of the season

J.Rhodes

F.Forestieri

S.Fletcher

S.Hutchinson

J.Pelupessy

S.Winnall

M.Fox

A.Nuhiu

C.Dawson

K.Lee

A.Baker

Obviously early days and we don't knoe who monk will favour but if the contracts was to end tomorrow ,who would you offer a new contract to ?

Purely on what they could contribute to the future of the team

I'd offer Dawson a new contract 

And fletcher (on much less wages) 

Rest could leave for me 

Yeah great idea.

Judge with 40 odd games left just to have another dig at the club.

I'll support the team and hold judgement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah great idea.

Judge with 40 odd games left just to have another dig at the club.

I'll support the team and hold judgement.

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Where is the dig at the club? 

some of them are worth a transfer fee and to let them go for free is bad business ……come January those that monk or whoever doesn't want we should be selling for whatever we can get for them .,,,,,,,whether they choose to go though may be the tricky bit .

Guest Theboylangers

I think it is an interesting point because if we don't extend contracts (or we don't want to), all of these players will leave for nothing. 

11 players is a lot albeit some will probably never make the first team. 

It's certainly an opportunity for Monk to clear a few out but let's not forget that most of these players are likely to have some part to play in the next 3/4 months. 

We will see but currently there aren't many I'd keep. 

I reserve the right to be fickle on this of course. 

:Chansiri:

5 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Nonsense thread, it's September the 12th.

but it does need addressing …...what happens if Rhodes or FF suddenly hit form and start scoring for fun , 2 players who cost us north of 10 million in transfer fees and probably the same in wages could walk for free …...buying players for big fees with  fat contracts then letting them run down is a risky business . 

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

but it does need addressing …...what happens if Rhodes or FF suddenly hit form and start scoring for fun , 2 players who cost us north of 10 million in transfer fees and probably the same in wages could walk for free …...buying players for big fees with  fat contracts then letting them run down is a risky business . 

Not disputing that but that's a discussion for as and when that happens. Doesn't change the fact we have 40 league games to play. So much can happen in that time.

• Like 1

I just think this emphases the need for a club like our to capitalise when players are in demand, however painful that may be at the time. FF is a classic case in point. We could have sold him for a record fee for us, instead we've continued to pay his wages for sub-standard performances and he's now a fringe player that looks likely to leave for nothing. We simply have to be smarter.

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I just think this emphases the need for a club like our to capitalise when players are in demand, however painful that may be at the time. FF is a classic case in point. We could have sold him for a record fee for us, instead we've continued to pay his wages for sub-standard performances and he's now a fringe player that looks likely to leave for nothing. We simply have to be smarter.

The thing is though, the offers came from clubs we were at the time competing with for promotion. Do you really want to strengthen them and weaken yourself? I can't think of an example where a team has sold a player to a promotion rival and it's paid off for them in this division in the last few years (Happy to be proven wrong on that one by the way).

3 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Well your contribution was riveting

There are 40 league games left of the season. So many different things can happen within that period of time. To be discussing who we should or shouldn't offer contracts to at this stage of the season is pointless and slightly unfair.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

There are 40 league games left of the season. So many different things can happen within that period of time. To be discussing who we should or shouldn't offer contracts to at this stage of the season is pointless and slightly unfair.

Sorry master ,my mistake thinking a forum was a place to discuss stuff

Wasn't aware there was a timeframe when we was allowed to discuss subjects

When will I be allowed to discuss this?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's not about casting judgment on particular players. It's about the business side of things, and if the club is not thinking about this they're more inept than previously imagined

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingsidney said:

This attitude is why we’re always bang average. 

Decent teams are planning transfer windows for next season at least. 

I agree but we've had to start again haven't we? The manager hasn't even had a training session with all his players. It's easy to say now, he's sh!t get rid but Monk might get the best out of someone everyone expects to be on the way out.