Chris Brunt?.

13 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

If he is available, he is the only player over 30  I would bring to this club.

Legs and Lungs go, but skill never fails.

Play him in a defensive M/F role and pass the ball.

Right I’m getting straight in there with a couple of Brunt special goal memories before it starts!!

v Leeds away obviously 2007

was right behind the goal and the celebrations were strange almost like“did he really just do that!“

Brentford away playoff...just for what it meant

Coventry? Or Blackpool at home I think he volleyed one in from about 90 yards

• Haha 1

As much as I'd love to see him back at Hillsborough, for me probably only as a coach. 

As you said, the lungs and legs have gone. 

Over the last few seasons the championship is turning into a different animal. We're seeing less and less of the older end managing to get games on a regular basis mainly due to how fast paced and physicality now. 

Were seeing less and less old Premier league players dropping down and making an impact. Probably one of the least athletic positions used to be at cb, normally big lads all about strength and positioning, they are also becoming more mobile and quicker now a days. 

We saw last year with the likes of boyd and Jones , you can't carry passengers everyone has to be physically up to spec and physically capable of pressing and getting around the pitch quickly or you suffer. 

So as I said it would be a no from me. 

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Whats it got to do with our summer signing from QPR ? 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

we're not in the 60s anymore you can't go signing random old timers and just give them less running to do and expect good results

While on the subject of transfers. Dom Howson has said today Monk will have a huge say in transfer dealings. 

An Arsenal fan at work (of all people), said you better be careful, Garry Monk is into dodgy dealings, taking cuts out of player recruitment) 

So I've googled it and indeed, he's currently being investigated for his time at Middlesborough for the signings of 4 players. Apparently because he's profitting from all the deals. 

It also stems deeper than his time at Middlesborough, whilst at Birmingham, he worked similarly to capture 12 players, working closely with his agent Mark Featherstone.

Whilst it maybe a loophole in the FA rule book, and apparently no law has been broken. It may explain why he's come to us, as we have a chairman willing to do all he can, to progress the club.

22 minutes ago, barn_owl said:

Didn't he celebrate as if he'd won the World Cup when he scored against us?

i don't get the obsession with bringing players back just because they were good for us when they are past their best. 

Nope, he didn't celebrate at all when he scored against us at Hillsborough.

15 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

While on the subject of transfers. Dom Howson has said today Monk will have a huge say in transfer dealings. 

An Arsenal fan at work (of all people), said you better be careful, Garry Monk is into dodgy dealings, taking cuts out of player recruitment) 

So I've googled it and indeed, he's currently being investigated for his time at Middlesborough for the signings of 4 players. Apparently because he's profitting from all the deals. 

It also stems deeper than his time at Middlesborough, whilst at Birmingham, he worked similarly to capture 12 players, working closely with his agent Mark Featherstone.

Whilst it maybe a loophole in the FA rule book, and apparently no law has been broken. It may explain why he's come to us, as we have a chairman willing to do all he can, to progress the club.

I suspect that chansiri and his acolytes will be well aware of this seen as its been common knowledge for quite a while …….