Prince

The Pro vs Anti Thread

Some of the comments about The Sheffield Star and other media outlets got me thinking, Which organisations or individuals do our fans perceive to be against the club as a whole. I would be very interested to see what everyone thinks about this and who is the worse offender in the eyes of the wider fan base. I don't mean non entities like that pig who phones Radio Sheffield with COPD to slander us, but people or organisations that carry some gravitas.

I will kick off with David Conn who writes for The Guardian. He never has a good word to say about us that I have seen and it's always harping back to the events in 89. He has in my eyes some sort dislike for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

The KGB, :ph34r:, FFS.

Thanks for your input

2 minutes ago, Onge said:

I don't think it's healthy to worry about who in the media likes or dislikes us. It doesn't affect my team or my support for them so ultimately, why does it matter anyway?

Just interested in what other fans think that's all.

• Agree 1

David Conn is by a country mile the best journalist writing about the business of football in the UK. 

We are a middle ranking championship club, a relatively high status for us in the modern era where we have more often being strugglers or third tier. No one much cares either way. 

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Thanks 1

Peter Beagrie never said a good word about us. But we were sh*te at the time so maybe he had a point. lol

Don't worry about it too much, if you win they kiss your ass, if you lose they will get someone sacked and call crisis. Try to read articles less and less and judge on the games only. The Athletic started ok but just became reactionary like all the other papers.

Shouldn't you be The Artist Formerly Known As

Or haven't you gone cuckoo yet

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Peter Beagrie never said a good word about us. But we were sh*te at the time so maybe he had a point. lol

Don't worry about it too much, if you win they kiss your ass, if you lose they will get someone sacked and call crisis. Try to read articles less and less and judge on the games only. The Athletic started ok but just became reactionary like all the other papers.

It's a good job he beat his girlfriend or he'd probably still be spouting his nonsense on Sky now

• Disagree 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Nope still Compos mentis in my humble opinion anyways :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Prince said:

I will kick off with David Conn who writes for The Guardian. He never has a good word to say about us that I have seen and it's always harping back to the events in 89. He has in my eyes some sort dislike for us.

17 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

David Conn is by a country mile the best journalist writing about the business of football in the UK. 

This thread is going well so far then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Prince said:

Some of the comments about The Sheffield Star and other media outlets got me thinking, Which organisations or individuals do our fans perceive to be against the club as a whole. I would be very interested to see what everyone thinks about this and who is the worse offender in the eyes of the wider fan base. I don't mean non entities like that pig who phones Radio Sheffield with COPD to slander us, but people or organisations that carry some gravitas.

The Guardian, more sense from The Beano

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

This thread is going well so far then 

All about opinions isn't it? Some will agree some will disagree

• Like 2

The fat, abhorrent mess that is Mick Quinn whenever he's on shitholeradio (Talksport) 

• Agree 3

laura Kuenssberg at the bbc has never mentioned us once..I remember one time we won away 3-2 in the last minute I thought to myself well this is it now but nope it's all politics..she needs to take a good look at herself

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

laura Kuenssberg at the bbc has never mentioned us once..I remember one time we won away 3-2 in the last minute I thought to myself well this is it now but nope it's all politics..she needs to take a good look at herself

Don't worry about her if it all Goes wrong for us she'll blame the labour party. 

• Haha 1

Just now, sage owl said:

Don't worry about her if it all Goes wrong for us she'll blame the labour party. 

The Labour party dosnt exist anymore mate, been taken over by some old dude who couldn't even handle his own education never mind the country

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The topic of this thread suggests he has!

• Thanks 1