Adam reach

I'm wondering weather its a confidence thing or becouse we're playing in cm,but seemed to stop having those long range cracks on goal once Bruce took over and while bully has been in charge.? 

I'm hoping monk decides to start playing him wide left, with Harris on the right at the start of games. 

Hopefully meaning both him and Harris would come inside more and support Fletcher leaving him less isolated. 

Then we'd have the other added point of allowing them to swap wings if things weren't happening or being a bit less effective, by swapping over during the game. 

This would hopefully give opposition fullbacks something different to adjust to if they're cutting inside instead of staying wide. 

Fingers crossed Reach would also rediscover find his long range shooting boots, doing a Wallace and driving inside and having a crack from range when on the right. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1

People are more aware of him now.

He gets closed down as soon as he has the ball on the edge of the box, comes with territory unfortunately. 

His goals were broadcast everywhere last season, so every team is aware of what he can do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm wondering weather its a confidence thing or becouse we're playing in cm,but seemed to stop having those long range cracks on goal once Bruce took over and while bully has been in charge.? 

I'm hoping monk decides to start playing him wide left, with Harris on the right at the start of games. 

Hopefully meaning both him and Harris would come inside more and support Fletcher leaving him less isolated. 

Then we'd have the other added point of allowing them to swap wings if things weren't happening or being a bit less effective, by swapping over during the game. 

This would hopefully give opposition fullbacks something different to adjust to if they're cutting inside instead of staying wide. 

Fingers crossed Reach would also rediscover find his long range shooting boots, doing a Wallace and driving inside and having a crack from range when on the right. 

Always liked the idea of wingers swapping flanks during games.

Watching Harry Catterick’s Owls as a kid I saw it employed successfully with Finney and Wilkinson(D).

They used to swap sides after about 20 minutes. Kept the opposite full backs guessing.

Don’t see why it wouldn’t work today with the wingers we now have.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Monk needs more from the whole squad

Some are performing. Harris & Fletcher been good. Fox & Palmer have done no wrong. Börner looks good also. There are big players like Reach, Bannan, and I'd regard Murphy one as well. Those three can do more. Monk needs to see some life from Rhodes or Winnall. Fletcher needs help up top. I want to see more of Luongo. More Forestieri frustration for the time being. 

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Always liked the idea of wingers swapping flanks during games.

Watching Harry Catterick’s Owls as a kid I saw it employed successfully with Finney and Wilkinson(D).

They used to swap sides after about 20 minutes. Kept the opposite full backs guessing.

Don’t see why it wouldn’t work today with the wingers we now have.

Exactly what I was thinking bud. 

I'm not old enough to remember those guys, but do remember villa doing it with young & downing under Martin O'Niel. 

Opposition defences found it a nightmare to deal with. 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

He still shoots from range, but most of them go nowhere near the target so nobody remembers them. That purple patch he had with them last season made people think that he can score them all the time.

Maybe becouse he'd being  playing more central he's more straight on at goal, 

Most of those that he cracked in last season came from just inside the right hand corner of the 18 yard box ifi remember rightly. 

That's probably why I'm thinking he's better curling them far post from a similar position that Wallace used to do. 

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I hope Monk can get him playing because he does not deserve his place at the moment .

I hope he considers him for left back . 

Thats what Carlos ended up doing. I know what you are saying but unless he’s improved, he’s not strong enough defensively to play there. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Some are performing. Harris & Fletcher been good. Fox & Palmer have done no wrong. Börner looks good also. There are big players like Reach, Bannan, and I'd regard Murphy one as well. Those three can do more. Monk needs to see some life from Rhodes or Winnall. Fletcher needs help up top. I want to see more of Luongo. More Forestieri frustration for the time being. 

As i said all of them need to step up

19 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Thats what Carlos ended up doing. I know what you are saying but unless he’s improved, he’s not strong enough defensively to play there. 

Yes, he seems a bit slow at turning to track fast wingers from what I remember

Reach and Harris on the wings for me, tucking in to help fletch

• Like 1

Not sure teams can afford to play out and out wingers anymore, the pure width normally comes from the wingback with the wide forward player playing more narrow and becoming a goal threat. A great example of this is Sterling at Man City, used to be  classed as a winger but now plays right across the front line just pulling wide when needed.

Reach should really thrive in that sort of role as it would give him the freedom to unleash his powerful shots, although he would need to get in the box more and improve his finishing.