David prutton comments

Average length of time a Championship manager kept his job was just over a year last time I saw the figures.

Our own club’s record over the last decade is more evidence of that too.

It shouldn’t therefore be a surprise that a younger manager like Monk has had five jobs in five years.

I’m more inclined to a more positive outlook on this. 

It says a lot in his favour that he’s been re employed so quickly.

Lets get fully behind him and give the man a fair chance.

I think managing lots of clubs is just the way with football management these days. Its not like the 70s / 80s where a manager would be in charge for a decade or more. 

Some clubs like Watford / Brentford seem to have a system in place where they can continually change manager without it effecting there style or position. 

If you simply look at the headline of 4 clubs in as many years then I guess it may set some alarms ringing.....

But if you look at each job in isolation you’ll soon see that he’s been at clubs under difficult circumstances, and was probably fired or pushed unfairly from a couple.  

Knowing how clubs operate and managers operate, it shouldn’t really come as a shock when managers start to clock up a big list of clubs they’ve managed. 

Edited by bigdan2003

5 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Makes me laugh why it’s such a concern Carlos had what 15 in 14 years before us or something ?? He did well I don’t understand why it’s such an issue just bloody support the bloke

I honestly DID try to read between the lines; but there's no feckin way I could turn what Lomas said into what Woozie managed to glean from it, FFS :duntmatter:

4 hours ago, Woozie said:

Speaking exclusively to Football League World’s Chief Editor Sam Rourke, Sky Sports pundit David Prutton admitted that it will be a slight concern that Monk has had a number of jobs in a relatively short space of time.

“It is a concern having five jobs in five years. He started unbelievably well with Swansea, and if you look at how they’ve done in recent years, their hastiness in getting rid of him is the result of where they are now. He’s still in a position where from the outside looking in, there’s still an element of wanting to prove himself."

Prutton labelled the Sheffield Wednesday job as ‘a huge challenge’, although he also felt that Monk will be working in better conditions than what he experienced with Birmingham City last season.

“It’s not still in the tentative steps. You see enough of what the Championship is about to be able to understand and build a club in that image to be able to compete at that level. This is his next huge challenge, and the sense that you get from what he’s been like, he’s a very determined individual. You never know who wanted what at Birmingham, but he’s going to Wednesday, and they’ll listen as to how he wants to approach it and what’s available to him.” 

The EFL pundit praised Lee Bullen for his temporary spell in charge of the Owls, although he expects Monk to guide Sheffield Wednesday in the right direction as this year’s campaign progresses.

“It’s going to be very interesting to see where it goes, as we’ve been saying over the last few seasons with Wednesday that there are questions marks as to what they’ll have at their disposal financially. I’m very intrigued, and I think Bullen did a fantastic job as interim boss. With Garry, you get the feeling that there is that boldness, and element of youth in it and that it will take them in the right direction.”

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-david-prutton-reacts-to-garry-monks-appointment-at-sheffield-wednesday/

5 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Makes me laugh why it’s such a concern Carlos had what 15 in 14 years before us or something ?? He did well I don’t understand why it’s such an issue just bloody support the bloke

I used to get this type of thing every Wednesday morning when I delivered to his dad's shop. lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Translation

Carlos had lots of jobs before us and lead us to play-off final and our highest finish this century

Garry Monk having lots of jobs before Wednesday in my opinion isn't an issue, therefore i disagree with David Pruttons assertion that it is 'a slight concern'

Please discuss with vigor. 

Also if going to start early, please enjoy responsibly or you might end up looking like this by 3pm :image:

8 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

Let's give Monk a chance to prove himself, instead of hanging him without a fair trial, which half of the posters on this site would like to do.

Do they really? Now that the dust has settled, the vast majority seem quite optimistic. Earlier disappointment stemmed from the anticipation we'd be hiring Britain's "up and coming" talent.

I didn't know much about Monk, but the more I read into his approach to football, the more I like him.