Gordon Banks

Watched the documentary yesterday didn't realise Leicester got rid off him at the same time we swapped Ron Springett for his brother Peter, maybe we should've let Ron go and replaced him with Banks for £50,000 and with him being a Sheffield lad he would've jumped at it, our history around that time might have been different 

• Like 1

Boy hood hero of mine.  Watched "that save" v Pele in the 1970 WC in the lounge at Hillsborough Golf Club because they had a colour TV.  Would have loved him to be an Owl, but also have fond memories of both Springetts.

• Like 2

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

3 hours ago, owler66 said:

Watched the documentary yesterday didn't realise Leicester got rid off him at the same time we swapped Ron Springett for his brother Peter, maybe we should've let Ron go and replaced him with Banks for £50,000 and with him being a Sheffield lad he would've jumped at it, our history around that time might have been different 

Latest with breaking transfer news!!

There is a job at the Star with your name on it pal 

1 hour ago, alfonso123 said:

Wouldn't have made much difference. Pete wasn't the problem, it was the cack in front of him.

That can't be true pal.

When it happened last year, what cack we had didn't matter, it was still all Dawson's fault.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jezek said:

ended his own career by drink driving accident

He hadnt been drinking hed been at the ground after treatment to an injury and was on his way home,back then seat belts were not compulsory and there were a lot of accidents that left drivers with severe facial injuries,which later lead to the law change,overtaking a stationary car he collided head on with another car

Edited by legendaryswan

37 minutes ago, jezek said:

he lived local to were i live now and all locals say he was drink driving home when he crashed , blind in one eye which ended his career 

he and probably a few others did the same at the time ( drink driving)

Easy to slag a national hero after he has died. A bit slimy !!

1 hour ago, jezek said:

ended his own career by drink driving accident

44 minutes ago, jezek said:

he lived local to were i live now and all locals say he was drink driving home when he crashed , blind in one eye which ended his career 

he and probably a few others did the same at the time ( drink driving)

Thought about hiding these, but decided against it.

If you are going to double down on your story then everyone should be able to see what you've said (with no evidence) about a dead footballing hero who can't argue back.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.