Early predictions for Monk's first line-up

23 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Westwood

Palmer.   Lees/Bates. Börner.     Fox

Hutchinson. Bannan

Reach.     Luongo.     Harris

Fletcher

This ^

Although I'd consider Iorfa for his height and Lee because of his ability to get in and around the box, especially if we can hit them on the break and get crosses into Fletch. The likes of Lee and Luongo could benefit from any knock downs and could be key if they're on it and get into the box.

3 5 2 all day...

Westwood

Hutch/lee  Bates  Borner 

Odubajo                                       Reach

Bannan   Hutch/Lee   Luongo

Fletcher    Harris

On 11/09/2019 at 10:26, gypsyowl said:

just had a thought, weren't it Nuhiu and Fletch up top when Nuhui bagged all them goals?

I know it goes against the little and large of Che Adams & Jutkiewicz but I don't actually want to play Rhodes as he's cack, Winnall doesn't look fit, maybe Nuhiu and Fletch? 

He seemed to do well with Fletch as he wasn't the main target man which actually suited him weirdly enough, that forward line will terrify a shakey Huddersfield defence

Never thought I’d say it but I believe nuhiu offers more than Rhodes 

• Thanks 1

------------------------------------------------Westwood------------------------------------------

-------------------------Iorfa/Lees--------------------------------------Borner--------------------

Odubajo-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Palmer

-----------------------------Lee-----------------Bannan----------------Luongo---------------------

Harris-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Reach

-----------------------------------------------------Fletcher---------------------------------------------

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RBigs said:

Never thought I’d say it but I believe nuhiu offers more than Rhodes 

Atdhe has more international caps than Jordan. 

I think AN be a good partner with Fletch, and having decent wingers pinging balls into him

31 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

------------------------------------------------Westwood------------------------------------------

-------------------------Iorfa/Lees--------------------------------------Borner--------------------

Odubajo-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Palmer

-----------------------------Lee-----------------Bannan----------------Luongo---------------------

Harris-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Reach

-----------------------------------------------------Fletcher---------------------------------------------

I think something like this will be the best we can hope to see confirmed at 11am on Sunday.  As hopefully we won’t be too defence minded 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, 1867Heaven said:

Yeah I do, I’m sure Borner could swap sides with ease, Thorniley, from the limited amounts we’ve seen them both this season is by far the better player

Absolute codswollip! Lees and Borner should start every game. If Lees is not available then Bates plays and if Borner is not available Thorniley plays. Never ever play a left footed cb on the right side of a defence. Asking for trouble!

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

3 5 2 all day...

Westwood

Hutch/lee  Bates  Borner 

Fletcher    Harris

From the 4-2-3-1 team above you’ve added a cb, moved a winger out of position to play left wing back, moved our in form winger out of position to playing upfront. I don’t see how any of this improves the team.

24 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

From the training video Iorfa was working alongside Borner in the defensive bits so expect him to start there.

Needs to improve his positioning , he was all over the place against QPR

I hope not. Always nervous with him at CB, he’s ok at full back but never a CB for me.

Westwood

Palmer        Bates         Borner       Fox

Hutchinson

Reach             Lee           Luongo        Harris

Fletcher

Dawson

Iorfa

Bannan

Murphy

Nuhiu

Rhodes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Absolute codswollip! Lees and Borner should start every game. If Lees is not available then Bates plays and if Borner is not available Thorniley plays. Never ever play a left footed cb on the right side of a defence. Asking for trouble!

Whats with all these teams that have got 2 right footers in there??

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

Whats with all these teams that have got 2 right footers in there??

It’s called necessity, as they don’t have the option.

38 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

It’s called necessity, as they don’t have the option.

Ferdinand/Vidic....Ferdinand/Terry....Ferdinand/Woodgate.....Adams/Bould/Keown.....Puyol/Pique.....all right foot partnerships and there’s many more...

Edited by 1867Heaven

145341464_GM352.png.c1fea34713e0efb8ae7c89703a688225.png

I'm fed up of us poncing around with full backs being changed each week trying to find the right fit ... so let's bin em all and go 3-5-2. Harris and Reach can run the lines to help out when defending and Luongo can drop in between the CB's for them to go wider towards the FB positions.

Also gives us a 3 man middle and the outlet for the long ball upfront if we're under pressure. Nuhiu can gel with Fletcher and they can hold the ball up to lay off to wingers or midfielders running past them. Let's give other teams a headache rather than us always trying to adapt to nullifying them. 

22 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

3 5 2 all day...

Westwood

Hutch/lee  Bates  Borner 

Fletcher    Harris

20 hours ago, 83owl said:

From the 4-2-3-1 team above you’ve added a cb, moved a winger out of position to play left wing back, moved our in form winger out of position to playing upfront. I don’t see how any of this improves the team.

Its called an opinion 

He might not be far off but we dont know how Monk will line up yet 

Guest Grez Bez

Monk has played 433 at Every club he's been at so I'd be surprised if he changed that.

I think he'll go with

Westwood

Palmer Lees   Borner Fox

Luongo     Lee        Bannan

Harris      Fletcher    Reach

38 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Monk has played 433 at Every club he's been at so I'd be surprised if he changed that.

I think he'll go with

Westwood

Palmer Lees   Borner Fox

Luongo     Lee        Bannan

Harris      Fletcher    Reach

Aye, 4-3-3 is his preferred formation. He played 4-4-2 out of necessity at Birmingham. However, to play two upfront here wouldn't make sense, especially when you consider Forestieri's banned, our summer recruitment and our strengths so far this campaign. I think with our current squad 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 variant are the formations that suit us.

We simply don't have the players to play two upfront effectively or any other formation. That may change when Forestieri returns or when the transfer window reopens but till then it's highly likely we'll stick with 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but with more emphasis on pressing teams; counter attack, width and linking up the target man to better effect. More along the lines of the opening couple of games and the way Bruce wanted us to play.

• Like 1