Early predictions for Monk's first line-up

20 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Hope to see something radical and exciting. 3 strikers, 2 wingers to provide. Best form of defence is attack. Win 8-6.

Glue smells nice. 

LINEUP111568204051363.png

Is that the Christmas tree formation? With Fletcher the star at the top and Westwood the wonky stand holding it all up?

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Hutch needs dropping, offers nothing 

Luongo comes in a three with bannan and Lee 

Westwood 

palmer 

borner 

thorniley

fox

Harris

Luongo

Lee

Bannan

FF

Fletch

Hutch needs to be captain and be told to play further forward as he did under Bruce he is key to when we play well.

Drop Bannan and Bring in Luongo

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

Hope to see something radical and exciting. 3 strikers, 2 wingers to provide. Best form of defence is attack. Win 8-6.

Glue smells nice. 

LINEUP111568204051363.png

Apart from the fact that FF is banned, that line up is quite ……......…...…. 

s hite, FFS

Edited by cognacbarnowl
Eh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would not be surprised to see a back four with Hutch just in front, dropping between the 2 centres to make a five when we are out of possession and Luongo and Bannan just in front, Fletch up front and Reach and Harris told to use their energy to get up with him when we get the ball. Remember when Leeds beat us with Monk in charge they played something similar. Could be totally wrong though :) 

4 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Westwood

Hutch, Lees, Borner, Palmer

Harris, Bannan, Lee, Reach

Fletch & Dave

We've got 4 right backs if you include the lad Baker and you want to shoehorn hutch in there....... Hmm straight outta, the Carlos manual, it's a no from me. 

I'm pragmatic, so I hope he picks 11 players in the positions theyre good at. 

Westwood

Palmer        Hutchinson         Borner        Fox

Luongo

Lee                      Bannan

Harris                   Fletcher              Reach

17 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Would not be surprised to see a back four with Hutch just in front, dropping between the 2 centres to make a five when we are out of possession and Luongo and Bannan just in front, Fletch up front and Reach and Harris told to use their energy to get up with him when we get the ball. Remember when Leeds beat us with Monk in charge they played something similar. Could be totally wrong though :) 

That's what bully was trying to play I think, we just didn't implement it properly. 

1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

Westwood

Palmer        Hutchinson         Borner        Fox

Luongo

Lee                      Bannan

Harris                   Fletcher              Reach

I'd hope he gives the lad bates a run if Lees is still injured. 

Pointless bringing him in for the season as cover for Tom and instead shoe Horning hutch in ahead of him. 

23 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'd hope he gives the lad bates a run if Lees is still injured. 

Pointless bringing him in for the season as cover for Tom and instead shoe Horning hutch in ahead of him. 

I didn't see Bates at Rotherham so haven't really got anything to go on.

Hutchinson is really a natural defender and, arguably, a better right sided centra back and captain than Lees so there's no shoe horning as such (I would do a Stuart Gray smiley if there was one).

1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

I didn't see Bates at Rotherham so haven't really got anything to go on.

Hutchinson is really a natural defender and, arguably, a better right sided centra back and captain than Lees so there's no shoe horning as such (I would do a Stuart Gray smiley if there was one).

I just feel we'd miss his dynamism and aggression in midfield bud. 

Reach is a real wilting flower, bannan can't tackle or mark, Lee is a bit too sportsmanlike and gentlemanly. 

Only leaves Luongo capable of putting a foot in. 

From all the cowleys love in I've seen on here up until they joined hudders, even with a short time in charge they'll have hudders up for it and we're taking on Jose & ferguson combined lol

Jokingly aside they'll have hudders players up for it and probably press us heavily, so would go with Fletch and the wingers, two from reach, Harris & Murphy and a three in mid of Loungo & lee with hutch in behind as all three are solid defensively, but Lee and Luongo have great energy to break quickly and join the attack. 

Bannan on the bench as due to Im expecting a packed midfield with a heavy press, so will not be able to find space or time to be effective. 

3 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

I can't believe anyone would pick Fox in any 11 ever but thats football tho, its about opinions

With 2 wingers I think Fletch and Dave would cause chaos

Top 11 British Mammals?

Edited by glynnb
  • Haha 2