James Beattie

I'd be worried if he didn't bring any backroom staff in.

I don't want somebody who wants to rely on the quality of the team, sailing the ship without a map. I want someone with a plan, Idea's put in place we can visually see on the pitch, otherwise we're all just wasting our time, effort and money. 100% behind Monk now though, he comes with a good reputation.

10 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Not a bad shout. Sheridan is not having a good time of it, shouldn’t have left Carlisle when pushing for playoffs.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I'd keep Bullen .. and I don't mind who Monk brings in neither, Beattie and Clotet would be great. Regardless of whether Beatties played for the stain, he has no affiliation with thim in the sense of supporting them or a tattoo on his arm of the crest or something! If he can get our strikers firing, especially Rhodes and Winnall then quids in!

• Like 1

Beatties record with Monk is very good

Came in at Leeds and Chris Wood has the best scoring season of his career with 27 goals

At Birmingham Jutkiewicz now looks a much better championship striker and Adams was turned in to a 15m asset 

Don't care if Beattie had a spell at the lane, if he can improve our forward line then get him in

• Like 1

11 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I am not opposed to Beattie being involved but some fans would have a problem with it. Sooner or later, they would use it against Monk as a rod to, you know, Beattie him with. 

Aye, Jack Charlton got slaughtered for bringing John Harris in.  FFS...

19 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I'll be honest..it might be better if Bullen had a change of scene..

It's hard to tell what's going on tbh..surely Bullen knows it's not ideal for him to be assistant..again.. but then again he backed himself for the managers job and everyone knows that was foolish. Ide like to see people putting the club first not themselves and it feels like that isn't happening

Edited by keepitsteel89

1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

It's hard to tell what's going on tbh..surely Bullen knows it's not ideal for him to be assistant..again.. but then again he backed himself for the managers job and everyone knows that was foolish. Ide like to see people putting the club first not themselves and it feels like that isn't happening

If Monk thinks he's got something to offer he might be a permanent fixture.. I think a freshen up wouldn't hurt but it's Monk's neck on the line..

14 hours ago, Rogers said:

New Owlstalk innit...some new posters have been created and it’s their job to post at least one irrational hatred post in each thread. 

A thread not a thread without a bit of irrational hatred. 

As soon as people express different opinions about certain players, coaches and managers ability they're labelled as "haters" on here. Ridiculous!

46 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

It'd be good if he came, why not striker coaches like there are for goalkeepers. Only prob is if players think they know better, he ain't that much older than some and weren't he a cocky poo  

My mate's got one of them, lovely little dog.

Bullen is the coaches version of Semedo 

you don’t let that attitude, dedication and effort leave your ranks it’s infectious. 

It was either back bullen with bringing in more backroom staff or bring in another manager and his backroom staff and let bullen return to his coaching room 

bullen will be key players, club, staff etc and shouldn’t be underestimated.

However if bullen has ambitions of being a first team coach/ manager there is a time when he needs to go and rest himself in that role with someone and I’m guessing when that opportunity arises for him it maybe his time 

He’s part of Sheffield Wednesday and will always have a role for me 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleG said:

As soon as people express different opinions about certain players, coaches and managers ability they're labelled as "haters" on here. Ridiculous!

Untrue. Healthy debate and different opinions are mainly welcome IMO. 

Its also good to admit when you’re wrong once in a while; which is generally lacking. (Last comment not aimed at you or anyone in particular).