REACH FLETCHER PARTNERSHIP.

7 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

With Murphy and Harris on the wings ,Why not try these two up front ,Could be like Curran and McCulloch. Fletcher is fearless and works his socks off ,Just like Andy was .And Curran had a bit of flair and could score a goal ,Just like Reach. We have two wingers so why not play Reach up front.

TBH I thought this for some time and advocated it on here in the past.

Reach is a strong runner, finding spaces which enables our midfield to slot balls into..  he can also finish cooly and has a hell of a shot on him.

The way when he does make the runs is like Warhurst used to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

With Murphy and Harris on the wings ,Why not try these two up front ,Could be like Curran and McCulloch. Fletcher is fearless and works his socks off ,Just like Andy was .And Curran had a bit of flair and could score a goal ,Just like Reach. We have two wingers so why not play Reach up front.

reach's scoring tends to come from distance shooting opportunities, not known (to my knowledge) for close in finishing.

he hasn't got curran's cutting edge pace in support, and curran was a 'spiteful' finisher, reach looks as though he is not.

however harris could be that type, he has the pace to terrify central defenders.

but monk may not be the man to chose such a way forwards, time will tell.

with money tight, or tighter we may have to sell before monk can bring his men in, reach may well be one of the saleable assets we have.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Reach is a strong runner, finding spaces which enables our midfield to slot balls into..  he can also finish cooly and has a hell of a shot on him.

reach hasn't got Warhurst's build on him.

14 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Reach scores long distance goals but can be woeful on one v ones with keeper.. I'd prefer him being a provider than a striker 

10 minutes ago, newbster said:

Reach scores long distance goals but can be woeful on one v ones with keeper.. I'd prefer him being a provider than a striker 

Goals from close range..goals from long range and headers too.. not sure what u mean looks pretty composed on one on ones to me.

Also running from the middle onto thru balls..

Edited by Doctor Duran
  • Like 1

Must admit that i hadn't considered this , but I think, and having seen his goal collection,, I think this could work. he is not the conventional 'big,burly , bustling CF of old, but seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time and is certainly a clinical finisher. He certainly has a knack of 'neshing' tackles in midfield, although much of this is often not 'neshing' but often pulling out of tackles he does not winl This may well be worth a try especially when we are without FF for 6 games. 

And there is no doubt he has one advantage over the majority of our other players - he can find the goal! 

• Haha 1

Pushing Reach up with Fletcher was the catalyst for our much better second half performance against Luton.

Whether it would work over a sustained period I don't know.

What Reach does bring up there is his tremendous energy levels and if we're playing a high press he probably;y shouldn't be rule out.

Still think thought that we can't rule out Reach getting a proper run on the left at some stage. 

46 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pushing Reach up with Fletcher was the catalyst for our much better second half performance against Luton.

Whether it would work over a sustained period I don't know.

What Reach does bring up there is his tremendous energy levels and if we're playing a high press he probably;y shouldn't be rule out.

Still think thought that we can't rule out Reach getting a proper run on the left at some stage. 

Got to agree, Snoots, but possibly in a Forestieri role., putting Harris on the right.

Still, we have a new Manager, and he will have his own ideas about what style he wants to play, and who he wants to play a specific role. He will be bringing in a new set of eyes, and may see different players with different ideas.

Reach shows no strikers instinct at all, and I feel he’d be lost. With his height, and finishing ability, you’d think he might get goals aplenty, but he never attacks the far post, even when it’s obvious a cross is going to come in

Edited by gurujuan

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reach shows no strikers instinct at all, and I feel he’d be lost. With his height, and finishing ability, you’d think he might get goals aplenty, but he never attacks the far post, even when it’s obvious a cross is going to come in

Have to agree cant see Reach being used as a striker.

25 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Got to agree, Snoots, but possibly in a Forestieri role., putting Harris on the right.

Still, we have a new Manager, and he will have his own ideas about what style he wants to play, and who he wants to play a specific role. He will be bringing in a new set of eyes, and may see different players with different ideas.

Reach always seems to be the one who has to move position. If we let him play in his natural position think we would find he performs week in week out. The guy is are most saleable asset but we shuffle him all over the park.

I personally want to see Reach play on the left and Harris to the right. We saw away at Preston the advantage of getting a cross in early. Sometimes it stutters your play constantly cutting back. Same with Harris, lad looks a top player but I don’t think his left foot exists.