Owlstalk - Last Man Standing (Game 2)

6 hours ago, Daz said:

Done! Thank you.

If I win I might buy a house with the winnings - it’s getting exciting!

3 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Done! Good luck Daz,  Although theres a strong chance we just may have chosen the same team  lol

Afraid so s29! You've both gone for Preston. The rules are that all players go through if everyone goes out, so by default you'll both go through regardless of Preston's result this weekend.

So, you can stick with your choices and move on next week or pick again this week? I really don't mind either way.

(To avoid this happening again in future I'll make it a rule that whoever picks first in this scenario gets to keep their original choice)

Apologies for the confusion

4 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Afraid so s29! You've both gone for Preston. The rules are that all players go through if everyone goes out, so by default you'll both go through regardless of Preston's result this weekend.

So, you can stick with your choices and move on next week or pick again this week? I really don't mind either way.

(To avoid this happening again in future I'll make it a rule that whoever picks first in this scenario gets to keep their original choice)

Apologies for the confusion

No problem, I'm happy to pick again and let Daz stick with Preston seeing as he got in there first? Then either theres gonna be an outright winner this week or we both move onto round 6.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

No problem, I'm happy to pick again and let Daz stick with Preston seeing as he got in there first? Then either theres gonna be an outright winner this week or we both move onto round 6.

Thanks s29 that's very gracious of you, I think Daz is based in America so he probably won't see this for a while. The best idea is probably for me to just leave it open until tomorrow night and if either of you want to change your original choice just send me a PM.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daz said:

We both chose PNE, so I think it rolls over to the next game. What stress and pressure :rolleyes:

We did, sorry I totally forgot to put my PM in with my 2nd choice, It would have been Wednesday though so we'd have both gone through anyway. Onto week 6 then. 

Sorry, I couldn't get on here yesterday. Never thought of trying a different browser.

Anyway.....Congratulations @Daz and @s29wfc both go through again, we go into week 6 for the first time in the history of the game. 

As with the last round please PM me your choices.

To avoid a situation where both players go through without winning, I'll now add in the rule that the choices must be different in this round - first come, first served basis. I'll let you know if you need to pick again.

It's an international break now :sad: so plenty of time to choose, the deadline is Friday 18th October at 7pm

Fixtures here - https://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/championship/#/round-12

Spreadsheet here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oaNkqsgs-YA99217dYna5EloYBAhETf9-O-ujjOHAxs/edit#gid=611059136

Good luck

• Like 1

Congratulations and well done to @Daz who is the new Owlstalk Last Man Standing champion. 2 late goals from Brentford sealed him the title in a 3-2 win against Millwall.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oaNkqsgs-YA99217dYna5EloYBAhETf9-O-ujjOHAxs/edit#gid=611059136

Week 1 Barnsley 0-2 Leeds

Week 2 West Brom 4-2 Huddersfield

Week 3 Fulham 2-0 Wigan

Week 4 Cardiff 3-0 QPR

Week 5 Preston 5-1 Barnsley

Week 6 Brentford 3-2 Millwall

@s29wfc is the runner-up as Swansea could only manage a draw at Barnsley.

Game 3 will start later in the season.

Thanks to all for playing.

• Thanks 5