Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He has been at the club an age, loves the club But is he hindering the management structure.

 

When Carlos came in it was agreed he would have an British coach we looked at a guy from Swindon at the time and ended up with Bullen. Then each time a manager has departed, bullen has looked after us till the new man arrives then remains part of the coaching set up.

 

The Bruce team was the first time for 4 years that we had a manager with his own coaches and a different way of doing things and the team improved and thrived. 

 

Now Monk comes in and once again the chairman says Bullen will be part of the coaching staff. 

 

Is this hindering the new man from putting his stamp on the team, is it because bullen is DC eyes and ears in the team.

 

Or is it simple the club rewarding a good servant to the team with some continuity in the coaching structure. I cannot think of another team where this happens though.

  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

He has been at the club an age, loves the club But is he hindering the management structure.

 

When Carlos came in it was agreed he would have an British coach we looked at a guy from Swindon at the time and ended up with Bullen. Then each time a manager has departed, bullen has looked after us till the new man arrives then remains part of the coaching set up.

 

The Bruce team was the first time for 4 years that we had a manager with his own coaches and a different way of doing things and the team improved and thrived. 

 

Now Monk comes in and once again the chairman says Bullen will be part of the coaching staff. 

 

Is this hindering the new man from putting his stamp on the team, is it because bullen is DC eyes and ears in the team.

 

Or is it simple the club rewarding a good servant to the team with some continuity in the coaching structure. I cannot think of another team where this happens though.

 

When did the chairman say that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened when Bruce came with two of his own guys? When he left they went with, leaving massive gaps in the coaching staff. 

 

Bullen allows for stability

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

 

When did the chairman say that ?

As soon as the question was posed..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with Bullen being the guy who connects the manager and hopefully also his staff with the club. I'm sure he is still a good coach.

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The Bruce team was the first time for 4 years that we had a manager with his own coaches and a different way of doing things and the team improved and thrived. 

 

Carlos and Jos had their own coaches didn’t they.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

As soon as the question was posed..

 

Thought it was Monk who said that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

 

Carlos and Jos had their own coaches didn’t they.

 

Carlos had three coaches with him. Bruno Lage who now manager Benfica, Joao Cunha and one more whose name escapes me.

 

Jos had Remi Reynierse with him. 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hookowl said:

 

Thought it was Monk who said that?

Watch the presser again hooky..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think there may be still room to bring in his own person.    Bullen is a coach, the new person would be a coach - what's in the term "assistant manager" anyway?

 

End of day, I don't think an assistant manager has ever really had that much sway in the direction for a team.   

 

In fact, until Francis came along and he had Richie Barker, I'd never really realised such a position existed.    Did Big Ron have an assistant?

Edited by Salmonbones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Bullen been a great servant'

 

Cringy and load of poo

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need many coaches.

Goalkeeping coaches.

Fitness coaches.

Bullen could fill in as a defensive coach or one of many other roles that don't impact on team selection and style of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

When did the chairman say that ?

In the press conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Bullen is the Chairman's eyes and eyes but in equal measure he is the voice of the players who clearly respect him. He is part of the furniture now. I would like to see him carve out a name for himself but he has always been there for us and should always be welcome at Hillsborough.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bully isn't adding value, then it's Monks and the Chairmans job to deal with it.

 

Must admit, our squads haven't looked well coached for years, but Bully can't be blamed for that.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

Carlos had three coaches with him. Bruno Lage who now manager Benfica, Joao Cunha and one more whose name escapes me.

 

Jos had Remi Reynierse with him. 

 

Might as well of been Helmans Mayonaise with Jos.:image:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Monk wants Bullen thats fine ,

 

If he doesn't and wants to bring his own team in he must be allowed to do that .

 

If Bullen is forced upon him its doomed for faliure 

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Think there may be still room to bring in his own person.    Bullen is a coach, the new person would be a coach - what's in the term "assistant manager" anyway?

 

End of day, I don't think an assistant manager has ever really had that much sway in the direction for a team.   

 

In fact, until Francis came along and he had Richie Barker, I'd never really realised such a position existed.    Did Big Ron have an assistant?

 

Richie Barker worked with Big Ron throughout his time here, may even have been here before. 

 

Pretty sure Peter Eustace was Wilkinson’s ‘assistant manager’ for 5 years before that in fact.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...