Honest view from a Leeds fan.

What's your opinion on Bielsa? 
————————————-

unbelievable coach. Makes you want to waste your life away, because your that desperate for the next game.

while results are a massive thing, as a season ticket holder, I’ve realised all I want is to go and enjoy going every week. I’d never ever want a big Sam, Pulis or karanka at my club. They leave a long stench way after they leave.

To be fair, monk brought a feel good factor back to Leeds. Forward thinking and at home attacking. You’ll enjoy him
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Beattie was a great striker to be fair, it wasn't Tevez that killed United that season it was selling him in Jan.

They signed Beattie post relegation and then weirdly sold him when they were pushing for promotion 18 months later 

Barely needed to try and this level, was decent 

Edited by Bluesteel

1 minute ago, fatzooma said:

Not according to DC

Lol I wouldn’t trust DC’s assessment of players. He thinks we’ve got an amazing squad lol. I remember Birmingham coming to Hillsborough last year, they had Adams and that big Polish lad up front and they bullied Hector and Lees in the air. 

10 hours ago, camffiti said:

I don't mind playing out from the back, if done with common sense ... Not philosophically like Bulgaria today

This often leads to Bannan playing a deep lying playmaker role. While that role is popular in top level football, it's not with a large portion of our fanbase ... 

After a few bad results, I can see the stingers rearing their ugly butts again post-445-0-03457500-1407231008.png 

If we do go to slavishly playing it out from the back we can forget about Tom Lees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, camffiti said:

I don't mind playing out from the back, if done with common sense ... Not philosophically like Bulgaria today

This often leads to Bannan playing a deep lying playmaker role. While that role is popular in top level football, it's not with a large portion of our fanbase ... 

After a few bad results, I can see the stingers rearing their ugly butts again post-445-0-03457500-1407231008.png 

I don’t think it’s the role that’s unpopular, more that it’s clearly not the game plan for Bannan to be playing in those positions, and Bannan’s best performances for us have been further forward. 

I think his best role for us was on the left of the 442 that Carlos had us playing, as he was able to find space by playing narrow and having Pudil overlap. In several of those games, Lopez played as a deep lying playmaker, and did a solid job of it. 

16 hours ago, Road Runner said:

On verge of the sack,

Won nowt and taken them backwards, poor football, poor recruiting. 

Need to stay well away from him if we are too progress. 

There'd be a few on hear saying he has no experience of managing in the championship had he been linked to us. :duntmatter:

14 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

Lol I wouldn’t trust DC’s assessment of players. He thinks we’ve got an amazing squad lol. I remember Birmingham coming to Hillsborough last year, they had Adams and that big Polish lad up front and they bullied Hector and Lees in the air. 

Most sides in this league have better striking options than us, and Birmingham certainly did, despite what DC thinks  In fact it’s a bit worrying the type of football Monk played at Birmingham, despite the quality of his attacking options. He hadn’t better try any of that nonsense here

18 hours ago, doubleo said:

Monk is solid enough. He's got experience in dealing with big time Charlies, and we've a few of them at the club as well as working at this level in a Club that has the ability to be a force in the Prem. The Cowleys, like Jos, don't, and would have been cannon fodder as soon as we had a dip. Sometimes, managers and Clubs just click, Wilder at Utd, Moyes at Preston, Wagner at Udders are examples.  I hope Monk can do it because tbh, I don't know where we go next if he can't. Good luck Gary Monk.

Garry M...ginger hair...hmmm

messiah methinks

• Thanks 1

On 08/09/2019 at 08:35, wakefieldinleed1 said:

What's your opinion on Bielsa? 
————————————-

unbelievable coach. Makes you want to waste your life away, because your that desperate for the next game.

while results are a massive thing, as a season ticket holder, I’ve realised all I want is to go and enjoy going every week. I’d never ever want a big Sam, Pulis or karanka at my club. They leave a long stench way after they leave.

To be fair, monk brought a feel good factor back to Leeds. Forward thinking and at home attacking. You’ll enjoy him

Bielsa should/will be a top Premier league manager within a season or two. If that's with Leeds I'm not sure. 

If Lampard gets the boot I'd be after Bielsa if I was them!

37 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Bielsa should/will be a top Premier league manager within a season or two. If that's with Leeds I'm not sure. 

If Lampard gets the boot I'd be after Bielsa if I was them!

He's 64; if a top Premier League club wanted him, you'd assume they'd have gone for him before now.

He'll be thinking about retirement before too long, you'd imagine.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Not thrilled with playing out from the back bit...

We are proven beyond reasonable doubt that we are shyte at it.lol

If we play a back three... Borner, Lees, Hutchinson then we are capable of it imo. Westwoods distribution is terrible so would rather outfield players play the ball out from the back personally. I've no doubt we will wee wee tail it up now and again! 

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

If we play a back three... Borner, Lees, Hutchinson then we are capable of it imo. Westwoods distribution is terrible so would rather outfield players play the ball out from the back personally. I've no doubt we will wee wee tail it up now and again! 

How does 'C.OCK it up become wee wee tail lol?

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 23:00, Owls2k said:

Beattie was a great striker to be fair, it wasn't Tevez that killed United that season it was selling him in Jan.

They signed him the summer they went down and sold him 18 months later, your half right though, they were up at top of table when he was sold and he ended up their top goalscorer and stayed in championship...