Ozymandias Owl

Gary Monk Hillsborough Debut - 14th Dec 2002

I quite liked tony crane if only for him flattening di canio at upton park …. he may not have been very good but for an 18 year to do that showed he had summat about him . 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, torryowl said:

I don't think Turner signed beswertherick....

Let's be honest, who would own up to that one lol

On 08/09/2019 at 10:19, horny owl said:

I never realised Proudlock came in at same time as Monk either

I’ve forgotten more about Wednesday than I can actually remember

Which probably isn’t a bad thing

I remember now why I used to drink a lot more back then, but only just!

• Haha 1

On 07/09/2019 at 22:02, SallyCinnamon said:

Didn’t he sign on loan the same time as Adam Proudlock and Allan Johnston from Wolves? 

Might have, I remember we had Lee Bradbury aswell the lad from Portsmouth think he came in around the same time aswell.

14 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

My mistake. Did Yorath sign him? He was there at the start of the season when I rechecked the programs last night. 

No one who saw Beswetherwick can complain about Morgan Fox...

Yep Yorath signed him - he raved about his crossing ability as being a key reason why we bought him.

Turner signed Brian Barry Murphy who was just as bad. 

Edited by katie melua
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Let's be honest, who would own up to that one lol

Was it Yorath then?

25 minutes ago, katie melua said:

Yep Yorath signed him - he raved about his crossing ability as being a key reason why we bought him.

To be fair though Turner also made some very good signings too and some of the best signings we have had for donkeys years in terms of what they did for us and how much we got for them..

• Agree 1

Maybe I've had an alright life all in all, but I genuinely think sat in the stands watching some of this stuff during this period is the most miserable I've ever been about anything.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Maybe I've had an alright life all in all, but I genuinely think sat in the stands watching some of this stuff during this period is the most miserable I've ever been about anything.

Yeah, I can remember us sliding down from the to flight when I was kid, but my dad worked shifts and I only saw a couple of top flight games before we dropped to the second division and then the third, for the first time in our history, but there was still an air of optimism about the place occasionally. I was lucky enough to see us go up through the divisions then and spend 15 years in the top flight with just a one season blip, when we went down and straight back up again, before dropping out and yo-yoing between the second and third flight a couple of times over the next 20 years. The last 20 years has seen some dour days, but saddled with £20M-£30M debt did make it a lot more depressing at times. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, katie melua said:

I've almost got the pair of them wrapped together in my mind as the worst full back of all time

lol

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

To be fair though Turner also made some very good signings too and some of the best signings we have had for donkeys years in terms of what they did for us and how much we got for them..

Grant Holt, Glen Whelan and Chris Brunt to name three 

• Agree 1