Gary Monk Hillsborough Debut - 14th Dec 2002

Before that Boxing Day game against Forest ( a 2-0 win) we had only won two league games all season , the Lloyd Owusu game against the Pigs and a 2-1 home win against Bradford. The second half of the season was only marginally better than the first. Two of our ten wins came after we were relegated. Those were truly dark days.

Edited by oldowl67

I remember tony craine scoring a last minute goal away at bradford. We were in the lego stand behind the goal. (no idea if was this season). 

It just all blurred into one terrible mess, that period. 

We were awful, truly awful, back then. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I remember tony craine scoring a last minute goal away at bradford. We were in the lego stand behind the goal. (no idea if was this season). 

It just all blurred into one terrible mess, that period. 

We were awful, truly awful, back then. 

Can't remember who we were playing..mid seventies.. probably sleeting and a corner came over in front the Kop and hit one of our lot on the back of his head and went out for another corner..it was so quiet in the ground that it sounded like a cricket ball hitting a coconut...the ball boy said FFS and the Kop started..

Glory glory Sheffield Wednesday..

• Haha 4

I was at that Gillingham game - but can't remember a single thing about it, it just blends in with all the other utter dogshite we endured around that time.

But Garry Monk "remembers" it being on a Tuesday night, when it was on a Saturday. And he remembers a wall of noise from the Kop in a 17k crowd. Which inspired us to a 0-2 defeat - I think he may be just making it up!

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/loud-and-powerful/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/09/2019 at 09:57, Ozymandias Owl said:

I don't know, he couldn't have been that bad, or we'd remember him, but I do know Chris Turner had secured the services of Jon Beswetherwick by the end of the season...

WTF:

I don't think Turner signed beswertherick....

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

I was at that Gillingham game - but can't remember a single thing about it, it just blends in with all the other utter dogshite we endured around that time.

But Garry Monk "remembers" it being on a Tuesday night, when it was on a Saturday. And he remembers a wall of noise from the Kop in a 17k crowd. Which inspired us to a 0-2 defeat - I think he may be just making it up!

:bullen:

9 hours ago, alanharper said:

I still have that shirt, unfortunate name, for that team at least, but it's one of the highest profile sponsors we've ever had?

Screenshot_20190909-212243_Photos.jpg

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

My mistake. Did Yorath sign him? He was there at the start of the season when I rechecked the programs last night. 

No one who saw Beswetherwick can complain about Morgan Fox...

your right there oz  ….its hard to think of worse one than bes …...