Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Whilst on subject of megastore. 

 

It could solve our problems with access entering and exiting North Stand. 

 

Knock it down and we could have a massive concourse including some new turnstiles. 

 

I'm not sure where we could build and open a new one, possibly where Charlie Brown building is. 

 

I’ve said this for a long time. 

 

Keep the one in meadowhall and maybe a small annex at the ground. 

 

Then improve/promote the online shop 

 

Personally I would use the current shop as a family friendly pub. 

 

Huge bar at one end, tv’s for sport, burgers/chips etc - the money this would make if run properly would far outweigh the current shop I’d predict. 

 

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, torres said:

 

I’ve said this for a long time. 

 

Keep the one in meadowhall and maybe a small annex at the ground. 

 

Then improve/promote the online shop 

 

Personally I would use the current shop as a family friendly pub. 

 

Huge bar at one end, tv’s for sport, burgers/chips etc - the money this would make if run properly would far outweigh the current shop I’d predict. 

 

 

 

SAG would probably come up with something to stop us. :duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add a bit of clarity, I called in this afternoon, the shop was very busy & I didn’t notice any sort of negative atmosphere whatsoever.

 

First time I’ve seen the new training gear in the flesh & very impressed with it.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Did you buy any play off final T- shirts tho ?

 

Forget them, the limited edition Gnomes are where it's at lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

 

Thought he was a coach driver

 

I thought he played darts? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Tbh they could have gave tango an hrs start and still caught him near 5 archers lol

Could be a problem if they have bows and arrows though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

 

I thought he played darts? lol

 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

 

Forget them, the limited edition Gnomes are where it's at lol

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

A few months ago I saw two very young shop girls chase after a very big shoplifter and demand the gloves back which he had pinched.  He meekly handed them over and walked off.  

 

Very brave girls but they shouldn't be put in that position, should be left to security to do it.  

 

The bloke could have easily battered them.  Just thought I'd mention it.

 

I didn't realise things was that bad.

 

If Westwood wants new gloves, they should be provided.

 

He shouldn't have to go shoplifting them.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Whilst on subject of megastore. 

 

It could solve our problems with access entering and exiting North Stand. 

 

Knock it down and we could have a massive concourse including some new turnstiles. 

 

I'm not sure where we could build and open a new one, possibly where Charlie Brown building is. 

Absolutely bang on idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tudders said:

Popped in to the megastore today to pick some kit up for my little one.

 

What struck me was the feel of the place was very negative, almost toxic. 

 

A couple were whinging to a security guard of all people about lack of kits for girls. 

 

Someone else was at the till till complaining about something else. 

 

I totally get customers in stores not being happy with products and are entitled to complain, but what struck me was that the percentage of disgruntled customers seemed high.

 

It must affect the morale of the staff who work there. 

 

I was served by a young girl who had to break the ‘awful’ news to me that the mini kit socks had arrived but were just plain black socks. She seemed to brace herself for a barrage of faux outrage and tutting. I explained that it wasn’t her fault and that it wasn’t her that signed off the final kit designs. She seemed genuinely relieved that she wasn’t subject to abuse. I really felt for her. 

 

Without this turning into a slagging off of the megastore, has anyone else sensed this atmosphere when in there?

Good grief 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tudders said:

Popped in to the megastore today to pick some kit up for my little one.

 

What struck me was the feel of the place was very negative, almost toxic. 

 

A couple were whinging to a security guard of all people about lack of kits for girls. 

 

Someone else was at the till till complaining about something else. 

 

I totally get customers in stores not being happy with products and are entitled to complain, but what struck me was that the percentage of disgruntled customers seemed high.

 

It must affect the morale of the staff who work there. 

 

I was served by a young girl who had to break the ‘awful’ news to me that the mini kit socks had arrived but were just plain black socks. She seemed to brace herself for a barrage of faux outrage and tutting. I explained that it wasn’t her fault and that it wasn’t her that signed off the final kit designs. She seemed genuinely relieved that she wasn’t subject to abuse. I really felt for her. 

 

Without this turning into a slagging off of the megastore, has anyone else sensed this atmosphere when in there?

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s just a shop that sells Wednesday stuff and tickets. I just go in buy what I want then walk out. Don’t go there for the atmosphere!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

He makes coaches then tests them out.

More likely he makes pies and tests them out lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geedee said:

More likely he makes pies and tests them out lol

 

Maybe true he earns a fair bit of money doing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel for the staff there. Apparently they are very frustrated with it all.

 

On a reIated note, I know for a fact the ladies teams have thousands of pounds they want to use to kit the teams out (kits, tracksuits etc) but we simply do not have the stock and elev8 can’t turn the order round for months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went in Wednesday lunchtime to get Everton tickets put on ST card, hardly anyone in, but Russ Abbott was stood in front of me........

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Thought the op was going to say we've sold it for 40 million :biggrin:

Thats arranged for March so it fits in to year end accounts.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...