Owls Megastore

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

A few months ago I saw two very young shop girls chase after a very big shoplifter and demand the gloves back which he had pinched.  He meekly handed them over and walked off.  

Very brave girls but they shouldn't be put in that position, should be left to security to do it.  

The bloke could have easily battered them.  Just thought I'd mention it.

I didn't realise things was that bad.

If Westwood wants new gloves, they should be provided.

He shouldn't have to go shoplifting them.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Whilst on subject of megastore. 

It could solve our problems with access entering and exiting North Stand. 

Knock it down and we could have a massive concourse including some new turnstiles. 

I'm not sure where we could build and open a new one, possibly where Charlie Brown building is. 

Absolutely bang on idea 

5 hours ago, Tudders said:

Popped in to the megastore today to pick some kit up for my little one.

What struck me was the feel of the place was very negative, almost toxic. 

A couple were whinging to a security guard of all people about lack of kits for girls. 

Someone else was at the till till complaining about something else. 

I totally get customers in stores not being happy with products and are entitled to complain, but what struck me was that the percentage of disgruntled customers seemed high.

It must affect the morale of the staff who work there. 

I was served by a young girl who had to break the ‘awful’ news to me that the mini kit socks had arrived but were just plain black socks. She seemed to brace herself for a barrage of faux outrage and tutting. I explained that it wasn’t her fault and that it wasn’t her that signed off the final kit designs. She seemed genuinely relieved that she wasn’t subject to abuse. I really felt for her. 

Without this turning into a slagging off of the megastore, has anyone else sensed this atmosphere when in there?

Good grief 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tudders said:

Popped in to the megastore today to pick some kit up for my little one.

What struck me was the feel of the place was very negative, almost toxic. 

A couple were whinging to a security guard of all people about lack of kits for girls. 

Someone else was at the till till complaining about something else. 

I totally get customers in stores not being happy with products and are entitled to complain, but what struck me was that the percentage of disgruntled customers seemed high.

It must affect the morale of the staff who work there. 

I was served by a young girl who had to break the ‘awful’ news to me that the mini kit socks had arrived but were just plain black socks. She seemed to brace herself for a barrage of faux outrage and tutting. I explained that it wasn’t her fault and that it wasn’t her that signed off the final kit designs. She seemed genuinely relieved that she wasn’t subject to abuse. I really felt for her. 

Without this turning into a slagging off of the megastore, has anyone else sensed this atmosphere when in there?

giphy.gif

Guest Jack the Hat

It’s just a shop that sells Wednesday stuff and tickets. I just go in buy what I want then walk out. Don’t go there for the atmosphere!