IWEDFM

What is wrong with people?

Monk is a good appointment. Some of the reactions are just a reflection of the time it’s taken, the longer it went on the harder it was going to be to impress people.

There is also a sense of annoyance that we clearly only made contact in the last 48hrs, had we done that 7 weeks ago I feel we’d be in a better place on all fronts.

DC is hard to read, I felt he looked exhausted yesterday which is a concern given his recent holiday.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Clarke will be out of a job Monday when Belgium have finished with them

Maybe but give him a couple of months and he'll be back at Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

Already having a pop at Monk or calling it a dreadful appointment. The guy hasn't been in the door more than 24 hours

Some need to get a grip, we aren't going to get Mourinho

I would rather have Monk over Cowley

Similar age and one has managed in the Prem meanwhile the other hasn't managed above league one

A no brainer and didn't cost us any compo

mmmmmm, it's a simple question on the face of it but it isn't that easy really.

When I was a lad (hahahahahaha) we just accepted what we were presented with. We'd grumble around the people stood or sat around us at Hillsborough or in the pub but these days these people have a worldwide audience.

I'll never change, I'm old school, I support what's dished up to me, through thick and thin until such time the gaffers see fit to change things.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1

I would rather have Monk over Cowley Especially if he’s losing to Wycombe Wanderers and I think it’s a third Defeat in a row including the cup:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Some people are knobheads.

Trust me, I'm ITK on this one.

Any names :biggrin:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Monk is a good appointment. Some of the reactions are just a reflection of the time it’s taken, the longer it went on the harder it was going to be to impress people.

There is also a sense of annoyance that we clearly only made contact in the last 48hrs, had we done that 7 weeks ago I feel we’d be in a better place on all fronts.

DC is hard to read, I felt he looked exhausted yesterday which is a concern given his recent holiday.

Agreed.  He looked exhausted and stressed.  Maybe the managerial appointment, SAG/SYP issues and ground valuation investigation is weighing him down?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Sorry, I can't reveal my sources.

;-)

Booooooooo.:laugh:

16 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'm always shattered when returning from a holiday, out on razz till early hours every night for a week catches up with you. :Chansiri: lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, briggowl said:

I think threads that highlight the negative threads are nearly as bad.

The 98% of folks who feel its a best we could do/average/OK/hopeful appointment probably won't bother with their reasonably happy thread. 

Totally agree. 

Most people seem pleased with the appointment, these weirdo/self righteous “complain about the complaining” threads or tweets are ridiculous 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree it a little annoying people already made mind up about Monk but if thats there honest opinion I have no problem with them expressing it.

I'm concerned Monk will have the same problems with the same players that Bullen had.

We need to move on from all the speculation about who turned us down and who we could not lured to Hillsborough. I imagine the final short list was very short.

Monks played for the club, he knows the league. He's even beaten Wednesday at Hillsborough in this league at Leeds, so he knows what problems this team have. 

I think some of our fans need to realise the current squad aren't going to tear up the league under any Manager. More changes are required to build a proper team. Yes we've got some good players, but other senior payers have consistently shown they aren't good enough at this level.  

Good luck to Monk, he'll need it. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Some people are knobheads.

Trust me, I'm ITK on this one.

There are OT pretend Wednesdyites & then there are real Wednesdayites, you know, the ones  who actually want all the very best for the club whether they’re in a position to attend or not !

Then there are OT pretenders!

• Agree 1

He’s a Shiite appointment and will be gone by May. 

• Haha 1

You’re quite right !

Outside of my family and business Wednesday are one of the most precious and important things in my life and it’s beyond me why Hughton, Pep , Fergie and the Cowleys are not ringing up DC demanding to be appointed.

But then ( unlike some others) I give myself a reality check and accept that Mr Monk is a more than adequate appointment... he has my full support and I reckon that he’ll do quite well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kameron said:

See above

We should be rejoicing that we didn't end up with Pulis. 

WTF:

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I'm concerned Monk will have the same problems with the same players that Bullen had.

We need to move on from all the speculation about who turned us down and who we could not lured to Hillsborough. I imagine the final short list was very short.

Monks played for the club, he knows the league. He's even beaten Wednesday at Hillsborough in this league at Leeds, so he knows what problems this team have. 

I think some of our fans need to realise the current squad aren't going to tear up the league under any Manager. More changes are required to build a proper team. Yes we've got some good players, but other senior payers have consistently shown they aren't good enough at this level.  

Good luck to Monk, he'll need it. 

This.

mid table team, monk or otherwise. This season will be as relaxing as a lie down on a sofa. A nice gentle drift into about 10th.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm always shattered when returning from a holiday, out on razz till early hours every night for a week catches up with you. :Chansiri: lol

Early hours...

WTF:

I'm cooked after happy hour.

25 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Any chance you could go instead of him.. 

• Thanks 1